Poincaré-Type inequalities and reconstruction of Paley-Wiener functions on manifolds
- Isaac PesensonAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics, Temple University Email author
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The main goal of the article is to show that Paley-Wiener functions ƒ ∈ L 2(M) of a fixed band width to on a Riemannian manifold of bounded geometry M completely determined and can be reconstructed from a set of numbers Φi (ƒ), i ∈ ℕwhere Φi is a countable sequence of weighted integrals over a collection of “small” and “densely” distributed compact subsets. In particular, Φi, i ∈ ℕ,can be a sequence of weighted Dirac measures δxi, xi ∈M.
It is shown that Paley-Wiener functions on M can be reconstructed as uniform limits of certain variational average spline functions.
To obtain these results we establish certain inequalities which are generalizations of the Poincaré-Wirtingen and Plancherel-Polya inequalities.
Our approach to the problem and most of our results are new even in the one-dimensional case.
Math Subject Classifications42C05 41A17 41A65 43A85 46C99
Key Words and PhrasesPoincaré inequality on manifolds Laplace-Beltrami operator band-limited functions on manifolds splines on manifolds sampling theorem on manifolds
- Poincaré-Type inequalities and reconstruction of Paley-Wiener functions on manifolds
The Journal of Geometric Analysis
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 101-121
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Poincaré inequality on manifolds
- Laplace-Beltrami operator
- band-limited functions on manifolds
- splines on manifolds
- sampling theorem on manifolds
- Isaac Pesenson (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Temple University, 19122, Philadelphia, PA