Cardiac troponin-T and CK-MB (mass) levels in cardiac and non cardiac disease
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and CKMB (mass) were analysed in three groups of patients. The first group (n=32) were patients with acute coronary syndromes including myocardial infarction. The second group (n=35)were patients with hypertension. The third group (n=24) were patients who had succumbed to non cardiac diseases. In all 3 groups, cardiac troponin T was elevated when compared with controls (p<0.001). However, CKMB elevation was not significant in all groups. CKMB levels correlated well with troponin T levels only when CKMB was greater than 50 ng/ml (r=1.00). Small elevations of troponin T identifies minimal cardiac necrosis and patients can benefit from early invasive therapy.
- Venge, P., Langerquist, B., Diderholm, E., Lindhal, B. and Wallentin, L. (2002) Clinical performance of three cardiac troponin assays in patients with unstable coronary astery disease (a FRISC II sub study).
- Della Torre, P., Podesta, A., Imondi, A.R. and Moneta, D. (2001) A novel cytotoxic antitumor agent with alow cardiotoxic potential. Cancer chemother pharmacol. 47 (4): 355–360. CrossRef
- Aviles, R.J., Askari, A.T., Lindahl, B., Wallentin, L., Jiag, Ohman, E.M., Mahaffeg, K.W. and Newby, L.K. (2002) Troponin-T levels in patients with acute coronary syndromes with or without renal dysfunction. N. Engl. J. Med. 346 (26): 2079–2082. CrossRef
- Perna, Er., Macin, S.M., Parras, J.J., Pantich, R. and Farias, E.F. (2002) Cardiac troponin T levels are associated with poor short and long term prognosis in patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema. N. Am Heart J. 143 (5): 814–820. CrossRef
- Hertmann, J., Von Birgellen, C., Haude, M. and Volbrachi, I. (2002) Prognostic implication of cardiac troponin-T increase following stent implantation. Heart 87 (6): 549–553. CrossRef
- Braunwald, E. (2001)Harrison's Principles of Intemal Medicine (Volume 1). 15th edition, Mc. Graw Hill, New York, U.S.A. P.1386–1399.
- Licka, M., Zimmermann, R., Zenelein, S., Dengler, T.J., Katus, H.A. and Kubler, W. (2002) Troponin-T concentrations 72 hours after myocardial infarction as a serological estimate of infarct size. Heart 87 (6): 520–524. CrossRef
- Marrow, D.A., Cannon, C.P., Rifai, N., Frey, M.J., Vicari, R., Lakkisn, Robertson, D.H., Hille, D.A. (2001) Ability of minor elevations of troponins-1 and T to predict benefit from an early invasive strategy in patients with unstable angina and non-ST elevation mycocardial infarction; from a randomized trial. JAMA 286 (19): 2461–2462. CrossRef
- Kleimann, S., Lakki, S.N., Canon, C.P., Murphy, S.A., Dibateeiste, P.M. and Demopoulos, L.A. (2002) Prospective analysis of CK (MB) fraction and comparison with troponin-T to protect cardiac risk and benefit of an invasive strategy in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome. J. Am. Coll. Cardial. 40 (8): 1044–1080. CrossRef
- Zurich, S.W., Qamer, A.U., Werdmann, M.J., Lzak, L.S., Mc Pherson, C.A. and Bernstein, L.H. (2002) Value of a single troponin—T at the time of presentation as compared to serial CK-MB determinations in patients with suspected myocardial ischemia. Clin. Chim. Acta. 326: 185–192. CrossRef
- Pateghini, M., Cuccia, C., Pagani, F., Turla, C., Bonetti, G. and Bonini, E. (2002) Coronary angiographic findings in patients with clinical unstable angina according to cardiac tropnin I and T concentrations in serum. Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 126 (4): 451.
- Lindahl, B., Dedi Holm, E., LagerqVist, B., Venge, P. and Wallentin, L.J. (2001) Mechanism behind the prognostic value of troponin-T in unstable coronary artery diseases:a FRISC II substudy. J. Am. Coll. Cardial. 38 (4): 979–986. CrossRef
- Cardiac troponin-T and CK-MB (mass) levels in cardiac and non cardiac disease
Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry
Volume 19, Issue 2 , pp 91-94
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- CK-MB (mass)
- acute coronary syndromes