Risk factors for AIDS associated kaposi’s sarcoma
- Jordi CasabonaAffiliated withHopital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol. Email author
- , Gemma GambÚsAffiliated withHopital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol.
- , Marti VallAffiliated withHopital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol.
- , Anna RodÉsAffiliated withHopital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
EURO-SHAKS, European study on HIV associated Kaposi’s sarcoma, is a BIOMED 1 project financed by the European Union (DG XII). The Spanish side of the project has been financed by FISS (Fondo de Investigaciones Sanitarias). The aims of this study are to identify possible genetic, behavioural, biological and environmental risk factors for HIV associated Kaposi’s sarcoma through a multicentre case-control study. An extensive personal questionnaire, a clinical data form and blood sample is required from all participants. In addition, a cutaneous biopsy is request from KS patients. The presence of several European groups in this project implies a large and diverse sample size and will allow to correlate the behaviour, clinical and biological data in different geographical areas, and therefore study the possible transmission routes as well as the natural history of the putative causal agent of KS. One of the main objectives of EURO-SHAKS is to create a European Bank of AIDS biological samples for possible future investigations.
Key wordsAIDS Kaposi’s sarcoma risk factors case-control study
- Risk factors for AIDS associated kaposi’s sarcoma
Pathology & Oncology Research
Volume 3, Issue 1 , pp 74-77
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- risk factors
- case-control study
- Industry Sectors