On the Structures and dimensions of Moran sets
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Moran sets and the Moran class are defined by geometric fashion that distinguishes the classical self-similar sets from the following points:
The placements of the basic sets at each step of the constructions can be arbitrary.
The contraction ratios may be different at each step.
The lower limit of the contraction ratios permits zero.
The properties of the Moran sets and Moran class are studied, and the Hausdorff, packing and upper Box-counting dimensions of the Moran sets are determined by net measure techniques. It is shown that some important properties of the self-similar sets no longer hold for Moran sets.
- Hutchinson, J. E., Fractals and self-similarity, Indiana Univ. Math. J., 1981, 30: 713. CrossRef
- Falconer, K., Fractal Geometry: Mathematical Foundation and Applications, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1990.
- Bedford, T., Applications of dynamical systems to fractal-a study of cookie-cutter Cantor sets, in Fractal Geometry and Analysis (eds. Bélaire, J., Dubuc, S.), Canada: Kluwer, 1991, 1–44.
- McMullen, C., The Hausdorff dimension of general Siepinski carpets, Nogaya Math. J., 1984, 96: 1.
- Feng Dejun, Some problems in fractal geometry, Ph. D Thesis, Wuhan University, 1997.
- Mauldin, R. D., Urbanski, M., Dimensions and measures in infinite iterated function systems, Proc. London Math. Soc., 1996, 73(3): 105. CrossRef
- Rao Hui, Wen Zhi-Ying, Some studies of a class of self-similar fractals with overlap structures, Advace in Applied Math., 1998, 20: 50. CrossRef
- Pesin, Y., Weiss, H., On the dimension of deterministic and random Cantor-like sets symbolic dynamics, and the Eckmann-Ruelle conjecture, Commun. Math. Phys., 1996, 182: 105. CrossRef
- Feng De-Jun, Wen Zhi-Ying, Wu Jun, Some dimensional results for homoge-neous Moran sets, Sci. China, Ser. A, 1997, 40(5): 475. CrossRef
- Hua Su, The dimensions of generalized self-similar sets, Acta Math. Appl. Sinica, 1994, 17: 551.
- Marion, J., Mesures do Hausdorff d’un fractals à similitude interne, Ann. Sci. Math. Quebec, 1986, 10: 111.
- Moran, P. A., Additive functions of intervals and Hausdorff measure, Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc., 1946, 12: 15. CrossRef
- Hua Su, Li Wen-Xia, Packing dimension of generalized Moran sets, Progr. Natur. Sci., 1996, 6(2): 148.
- Feng De-Jun, Rao Hui, Wu Jun, The net measure pmperties for symmetric Cantor sets and their applications, Progr. Natur. Sci., 1997, 7(3): 172.
- On the Structures and dimensions of Moran sets
Science in China Series A: Mathematics
Volume 43, Issue 8 , pp 836-852
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science in China Press
- Additional Links
- Moran set
- net measure
- Industry Sectors