Elliptic curves and their torsion subgroups over number fields of type (2, 2, ..., 2)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Suppose thatE: y 2 =x(x + M) (x + N) is an elliptic curve, whereM N are rational numbers (#0, ±1), and are relatively prime. LetK be a number field of type (2,...,2) with degree 2′. For arbitrary n, the structure of the torsion subgroup E(K) tors of theK-rational points (Mordell group) ofE is completely determined here. Explicitly given are the classification, criteria and parameterization, as well as the groups E(K) tors themselves. The order of E( K)tors is also proved to be a power of 2 for anyn. Besides, for any elliptic curveE over any number field F, it is shown that E( L)tors = E( F) tors holds for almost all extensionsL/F of degree p(a prime number). These results have remarkably developed the recent results by Kwon about torsion subgroups over quadratic fields.
- Merel, L., Bornes pour la torsion des courbes elliptiques sur les corps de nombres, Invent. Math., 1996. 124: 427. CrossRef
- Mazur, B., Modular curves and the Eisenstein ideal, Pub1. Math. IHES, 1977, 47: 33.
- Silverman, J., The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1986.
- Kamienny, S., Torsion points on elliptic curves and q-coefficients of modular forms, Invent. Math., 1992, 109: 221. CrossRef
- Silverberg, A., Points of finite order on abelian varieties, Contemp. Math., 1992, 133: 175.
- Ono, K., Euler’s concordant forms, Acta Arithmetica, 1996, 128(2): 101.
- Kwon, S., Torsion subgroups of elliptic curves over quadratic extensions, J. Number Theory, 1997, 62: 144. CrossRef
- Knapp, A., Elliptic Curves, Princeton: Princeton Univ. Press, 1992.
- Qiu Derong, Zhang Xianke, Explicit classification for the torsion cyclic subgroups of rational points with even order of elliptic curves, Chinese Science Bulletin, 1999, 44(21): 1951. CrossRef
- Elliptic curves and their torsion subgroups over number fields of type (2, 2, ..., 2)
Science in China Series A: Mathematics
Volume 44, Issue 2 , pp 159-167
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science in China Press
- Additional Links
- elliptic curve
- Mordell group
- torsion subgroup
- number field