The effects of mushroom components on the proliferation of HeLa cell linein vitro
- Kyu Sun Chung
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In order to find out nutritional effects of Korean edible mushrooms on the multiplication of tissue cells, the alcohol extracts and acid hydrolysates of eleven species of mushrooms were added to Earle’s BSS. A comparison of the respective multiplications of HeLa cells in this solution and in control solution of TC-199. Yielded the following results: The alcohol extracts and acid hydrolysates ofCoprinus comatus, Agaricus campestris, Agaricus bisporus, Lentinus edodes, Tricholoma matsutake, Pleurotus ostreatus, Ramaria botrytis andPholiota nameko influenced favorably the maintenance of the normal form and monolayer of HeLa cells. The growth curves of HeLa cells in the cultures containing, respectively, the alcohol extracts and acid hydrolysates of these eight mushrooms showed that five species, i.e.,Coprinus comatus, Agaricus campestris, Agaricus bisporus, Lentinus edodes andTricholoma matsutake effected an excellent multiplication and that the other three species were less effective than those five species. As to the effects on the cell multiplication, no marked difference was observed between the alcohol extracts and the acid hydrolysates of the mushrooms tested.
- Kim, C. H., On the amino acids of edible mushrooms.Kor. J. Botany 1, 7(1958).
- Heo, B. S., Studies on the Separation and identification of amino acids in mushrooms. M. S. Thesis Grad. Sch., Chung-ang Univ. p. 31 (1960).
- Ro, I. H., A study on the amino acid contents of edible mushrooms.Kor. J. Nutrition 8, 47(1975).
- Ro, I. H., S study on the identification and contents of amino acids in edible mushrooms.Theses Coll. Sookmyung Women’s Univ. 16, 427(1976).
- Chung, K. S., A study of some undetermined amino acids in edible mushrooms.New Med. J. 19, 67(1976).
- Hiroyuki-Hatano, Amino acid autoanalysis. Kagakutojin, 79 and 63
- Gey, G. O.,et al., Tissue culture studies of proliferative capacity of cervical carcinoma and normal epithelium.Cancer Res. 12, 264(1952).
- Lee, C. H., Lee, Y. T., Whang, K. S., Choi, S. K., Ko, K. K., Lee, Y I., Byoun, J. S., and Kee, R. S., Antigenic analysis of an etiologic agent of epidemic hemorrhagic conjunctivitis isolated during 1972 in Korea.Kor. Central J. Med. 26, 551(1974).
- Earle’s, W. R., Production of malignancyin vitro (IV). The mouse fibroblast cultures and Chang’s cells seen in the living cells.J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 4, 165(1943).
- Morgan, J. F., Morton, H. J. and Parker, R. C., Nutrition of animal cells in culture (I). Initial studies on a synthetic medium.Proc. Soc. Biol. Med. 73, 1(1950).
- Fogh, J., and Lund, R. O., Continuous cultivation of epithelial cell strain (FL) from human amniotic membrane.Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 94, 532 (1957).
- Technicon Instrument Co., Amino acid autoanalyzer instruction manual AAA-1. (1970).
- Technicon Instrument Co.,ibid. Amino acid autoanalyzer instruction manual AAA-1 p. 21(1970).
- Chang, I. C., and Kim, K. H., Prevalence of poliomyelitis in Korea.J. Korean Aca. Pedia. 8, 24(1965).
- Scherer, W. F. and Syverton, J. T., The viral rangein vitro of a malignant human epithelial cell (strain HeLa, Gey).Am. J. Path. 30, 1075(1954).
- Dulbecco, R. and Vogt, M., Plaque formation and isolation of pure lines with poliomyelitis virus.J. Expt. Med. 99, 167(1954). CrossRef
- Kim, K. H., Studies on the poliovaccination with Sabin vaccine, oral type.Theses Catholic Med. Cell. 8, 511(1964).
- Lee, Y. T. and Lee, C. H., Growth of eastern and western encephalitis viruses inAedes albopictus cell line under various temperature.Kor. J. Virology 4, 13(1974).
- The effects of mushroom components on the proliferation of HeLa cell linein vitro
Archives of Pharmacal Research
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 25-33
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Pharmaceutical Society of Korea
- Additional Links
- eleven edible mushrooms
- the generaCoprinus, Agaricus, Lentinus, Tricholoma, Pleurotus, Ramaria andPholiota
- effects of their extracts acid hydrolysates on HeLa cells
- tissue culture
- Industry Sectors
- Kyu Sun Chung (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women’s University, 140, Seoul, Korea