Further investigations on the use of maleic hydrazide as a sprout inhibitor for potatoes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Journal Article No. 1654 of the Michigan Agricultural Experiment Station, East Lansing, Mich.
Formerly graduate research assistant, Department of Horticulture, Michigan State College.
- Denisen, E. L. 1953. Response of Kennebec potatoes to maleic hydrazide. Proc. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 62: 411–421.
- Ezell, B. D., and M. S. Wilcox. 1954. Physiological and biochemical effects of maleic hydrazide on pre and post-harvest behavior of sweet potatoes. Jour. Agr. Food Chem. 2: 513–515. CrossRef
- Kennedy, E. J. and O. Smith. 1951. Response of the potato to field application of maleic hydrazide. Amer. Potato Jour. 28: 701–712.
- ——. 1953. Response of seven varieties of potatoes to foliar application of maleic hydrazide. Proc. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sc. 61: 395–403.
- Marshall, E. R. and O. Smith. 1951. Maleic hydrazide as a sprout inhibitor for potatoes. Bot. Gaz. 112: 329–330. CrossRef
- Paterson, D. R., S. H. Wittwer, L. E. Weiler, and H. M. Sell. 1952. The effect of preharvest foliar sprays of maleic hydrazide on sprout inhibition and storage quality of potatoes. Plant Physiol. 27: 135–142.
- Tatum, L. A. and J. H. Crume. 1951. Some responses of young corn plants to maleic hydrazide. Plant Physiol. 26: 836–839. CrossRef
- Wittwer, S. H. and D. R. Paterson. 1951. Inhibition of sprouting and reduction of storage losses in onions, potatoes, sugar beets, and vegetable root crops by spraying plants in the field with maleic hydrazide. Mich. Agr. Exp. Sta. Quart. Bull. 34: 3–8.
- Zukel, J. W. 1950. Use of maleic hydrazide as a plant growth inhibitor. Agr. Chem. 5: 35–36.
- Further investigations on the use of maleic hydrazide as a sprout inhibitor for potatoes
American Potato Journal
Volume 32, Issue 2 , pp 51-59
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors