Modeling quantum transport in nanoscale vertical SOI nMOSFET
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The electron transports in micro-architecture semiconductor are simulated using vertical SOI nMOSFET with different models. Some details in transport can be presented by changing channel length, channel thickness and drain voltage. An interesting phenomenon similar to collimation effect in mesoscopic system is observed. This may suggest the quite intriguing possibility that scattering may open new channel in sufficiently narrow devices.
- Xia Jian-bai.Current Semiconductor Physics. Beijing: Peking University Press, 2000 (Ch).
- Warner R M, Grung B L.Semiconductor-Device Electronics. Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry, 2002.
- Kim Deug Yong, Kim Chang Sub. Nonlinear Electrical Transport in Semiconductors: a Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics Approach.Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 1999,34:S310-S314.
- Bonilla L L. Theory of Nonlinear Charge Transport, Wave Propagation, and Self-Oscillations in Semiconductor Superlattices.Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2002,14: R341-R381. CrossRef
- Song A M, Manus S, Stereibl M,et al. A Nonlinear Transport Device with No Intrinsic Threshold.Superlattices and Microstructures, 1999,25:269–272. CrossRef
- Datta S. Nanoscale Device Modeling: the Green's Function Method.Superlattices and Microstructures, 2000,28:253–278. CrossRef
- Ren Zhi-bin. Nanoscale Mosfets: Physics, Simulation and Design [Ph. D. candidate]. West Lafayette: Institute for Nanoelectronics and Computing of Purdue University, 2001.
- Nasri Sulaiman, Peter Ashburm. Feasibility Study on Vertical CMOS Gates.Proceedings of the 2000 International Workshop on Component-Based Software Engineering Held in Conjunction with the 22nd International Conference on Soft-ware Engineering, ICSE2000. Limerick: Ireland, 2000. 192–195.
- Park J T, Colinge C A, Colinge J P. Comparison of Gate structures for Short-Channel SOI MOSFETs. 2001.IEEE International SOI Conference. New York: IEEE Press. 2001. 115–116.
- Modeling quantum transport in nanoscale vertical SOI nMOSFET
Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences
Volume 9, Issue 6 , pp 918-920
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Wuhan University
- Additional Links
- mesoscopic system
- TN 303
- TN 304
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Pattern Recognition and Artifical Intelligence State, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074, Wuhan, Hubei, China
- 2. Department of Electronic Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430074, Wuhan, Hubei, China