Classification and type association of tin deposits in Southeast Yunnan Tin Belt
- Yang Shiyu
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Pneumato-hypothermal to meso-epithermal tin-polymetallic (W, Be, Bi, Mo, Cu, Pb, Zn and Ag) deposits, dominated by cassiterite-sulfide type and cassiterite-quartz type, are extensively developed around granite intrusives in the Southeast Yunnan Tin Belt genetically related to Yenshanian tecto-magmatism. The deposits are grouped into two classes, four associations and fourteen types according to the classification scheme proposed by the author to reflect their geological and genetic characteristics as well as economic implications. The deposits are arranged in an apparent zonal pattern from the granite body outwards in terms of “association” (cassiterite-feldspar → cassiterite-quartz → cassiterite sulfide), typical ore-forming metals (Sn-W-Be-Mo-Nb-Ta-Tr → SnW-Cu-In → Sn-Pb-Zn-As-Cd), and formation conditions (pneumato-hypothermal → hypothermalmesothermal → mesothermal-epithermal), although such distribution pattern may be more or less complicated by local specialities of granite petrochemistry, host rock lithology and structure.
- Liu Jingxin et al. (1957) Characteristics and metallogenic regularities of tin deposits, Gejiu, Yunnan.Acta Gelogica Snica 37 (4), 373–399 (in Chinese).
- Onishimovski, B.B. et al. (1980) Economic classification of tin deposits,Overseas Geological Science and Technology, (6), 85–93 (Chinese version).
- Ren Zhiji (1982) Geochemical characteristics of tin-bearing magnetite-skarn,Geochimica, (3), 301–309 (in Chinese).
- Southwest China Metallurgical Exploration Corporation, Ministry of Metallurgical Industry (1984) Geology of Gejiu tin deposits. Metallurgical Industry Press.
- Taylor, R. G. (1983) Geology of Tin Deposits. Geology Press, Beijing, 40–67, 187–191 (Chinese version).
- Wang Quan et al. (1957) Some problems concerning the genesis of Gejiu tin deposits—a general review.Geological Review 17 (4), 381–392 (in Chinese).
- Classification and type association of tin deposits in Southeast Yunnan Tin Belt
Chinese Journal of Geochemistry
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 21-35
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science in China Press
- Additional Links
- Yang Shiyu (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Geology, Kunming Institute of Technology, Kunming, Yunnan