The curl in seven dimensional space and its applications
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In higher dimensional spacesR n(n>3) the usual curl does not have the properties as inR 3. In this paper, we established the natural concept of curl inR 7 via octonion O. We prove that there exists the curl inR n if and only if n=3,7. Some applications are presented, such as the new phenomenon of the differential forms inR 7 which is different from the ordinary de Rham cohomology and Hodge theory, grad-curl-div type Dirac operator inR 6, seven dimensional Maxwell equations and Navier-Stokes equations.
- Atiyah, M. F., Singer, I. M. (1963) The Index of Elliptic Operators on Compact Manifolds. Bull. Am. Math. Soc. 69: pp. 422-433 CrossRef
- Bott, R. and Tu, L. W., Differential Forms in Algebraic Topology, GTM 82, Springer-Verlag, 1982.
- Brown, R. B., Gray, A. (1967) Vector Cross Products Comment. Math. Helv. 42: pp. 222-236 CrossRef
- Eckmann, B. (1942) Stetige Lösungen Linearer Gleichungssysteme. Comment. Math. Helv. 15: pp. 318-339 CrossRef
- Hodge, W. W. D., The Theory and Applications of Harmonic Integrals, Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1941.
- Jacobson, N. Basic Algebra, Vol. 1, W. H. Freeman and Company, 1974.
- Salamon, D., Spin Geometry and Seiberg-Witten Invariants, Preprint, 1997.
- Wandi Wei, Combinatorial Theory (second volume), Scientific Publishing House (in Chinese), 1987.
- Whitehead, G. W., Elements of Homotopy Theory, GTM 61, Springer-Verlag, 1978.
- Yosida, K., Functional Analysis, Sixth Edition. Springer-Verlag, 1980.
- The curl in seven dimensional space and its applications
Approximation Theory and its Applications
Volume 15, Issue 3 , pp 66-80
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Editorial Board of Analysis in Theory and Applications
- Additional Links