Ramachandran and his Map
- C. Ramakrishnan
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Ramachandran’s work bears testimony to his untiring dedicated effort towards advancement of science. His entire work was carried out in India, both at the University of Madras and at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during a period when the facilities available were meagre compared to those available elsewhere in the world. Ramachandran angles, Ramachandran plot and Ramachandran map, which has successfully withstood the test of time will, no doubt, continue to be useful tools for those involved in any kind of studies on proteins and peptides. Being trained as a physicist, his work has the stamp of physics in every aspect, such as mathematical formulation, removal of ambiguity through rigid definition and exposition, which are the hallmark of a good scientist.
- GN Ramachandran, V Sasisekharan and Y T Thathachari, Structure of Collagen at the Molecular Level, inCollagen, N Ramanathan(ed) John Wiley, New York, pp 81–115, 1962.
- R S Corey and L Pauling, The Fundamental Dimensions of Polypeptide Chains,Proc. Roy. Soc. (London), Vol. B141, p. 10, 1953.
- G N Ramachandran and V Sasisekharan, Conformations of Polypeptides and Proteins,Advances in Protein Chemistry, Vol. 23, pp. 283–437, 1968. CrossRef
- G N Ramachandran, C Ramakrishnan and V Sasisekharan, Stereochemistry of Polypeptide Chain Configuration,Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 7 pp. 95–99, 1963.
- C Ramakrishnan and G N Ramachandran, Stereochemical Criteria for Polypeptide and Protein Chain Conformations-Part II Allowed conformations for a pair of peptide units,Biophysical Journal, Vol. 5, pp. 909–933, 1965.
- C M Venkatachalam, Stereochemical criteria for Polypeptides and Proteins, Part-V, Conformation of three linked Peptide Units,Biopolymers Vol. 6, pp. 1425–1436, 1968. CrossRef
- Ramachandran and his Map
Volume 6, Issue 10 , pp 48-56
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- C. Ramakrishnan (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, 560012, Bangalore, India