- Bharati V Badami
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Mesoionic compounds are distinct types of heterocycles which belong to the class of nonbenzenoid aromatics. Sydnone, the representative mesoionic compound has been extensively studied because of its unusual structure, chemical properties and synthetic utility. Sydnone is used as a versatile synthon in heterocyclic synthesis. This article gives a brief account of the comparative studies of the structural features of mesoionic compounds and other heteroaromatic systems. Some synthetically useful tandem reactions of sydnones are also discussed.
- W Baker and W D Ollis,Quarter. Rev., Vol. 11, p. 15, 1957. CrossRef
- F H C Stewart,Chem.Rev., Vol. 64, p. 129, 1957. CrossRef
- L B Kier and E B Roche,J. Pharm.Sci., Vol. 56, p. 149, 1967. CrossRef
- M Ohta and H Kato,Nonbenzenoid Aromatics, ed. J P Snyder, Academic Press, New York.Vol.117, 1969.
- W D Ollis and C A Ramsden,Adv. Heterocyclic Chem, Vol. 19, p. 1, 1976. CrossRef
- J Fugger, J M Tien and M Hunsberger,JAm.Chem.Soc., Vol.77, p.1483, 1055.
- B V Badami and G S Puranik,Ind. Journal Chem., Vol. 12, p. 671, 1974.
- B V Badami and G S Puranik,Rev.Roumaine de Chimie, Vol. 27, p. 281, 1982.
- S G Mallur and B V Badami,Il Farmaco, Vol. 55, p. 65, 2000. CrossRef
- J R Kavali and B V Badami,Il Farmaco, Vol. 55, p. 406, 2000. CrossRef
- P S Shinge, P R Latthe and B V Badami,Synthetic Communications, Vol. 35, No. 16, p. 2169, 2005. CrossRef
- Mesoionic compounds
Volume 11, Issue 10 , pp 40-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- mesoionic hetero-cycles
- tandem reactions
- Industry Sectors
- Bharati V Badami (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. H.No.80 (Upstairs) 1st Main, 3rd Cross Narayanpur, 580008, Dharwad, India