Bridge management system development for a cable-stayed bridge
- Sungkon Kim
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The exclusive bridge management system for a special type of bridge, Seo-Hae Bridge, which is the largest cable-stayed type in this country, has been successfully developed and operated in bridge field. Bridge Management System (BMS) is generally classified into two categories based on its application: the global-purpose and exclusive type. The global-type is applied to overall bridge group in the road networks under a managing authority, while the exclusive type is for a specific single bridge. Since two types of system have different application field the system development strategy should also be different in its purpose and contents. The contents of Seo-Hae Bridge Management System (SHBMS) which is the first exclusive type system for a specific bridge is introduced in this paper.
- Korea Highway Corporation (1999).A Study in BMS Development and Operation, Research Report.
- Korea Highway Corporation (2000).Development of Seo-Hae Bridge Management System, Technical Report.
- Korea Highway Corporation (2001).Construction History of Seo-Hae Bridge.
- Sungkon Kim (1994). “Hybrid Knowledge Based Computational Environment for Smart Structural Health Monitoring,” Ph. D. Dissertation, SUNYAB.
- G. Booch (1991).Object-Oriented Design: with Applications, The Benjamin/Cummings Pub. CA.
- I. Bratko (1990).Prolog Programming for Artificial Intelligence, Addison-Wesley.
- Bridge management system development for a cable-stayed bridge
KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering
Volume 5, Issue 1 , pp 43-49
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Korean Society of Civil Engineers
- Additional Links
- bridge managent
- cable-stayed bridge
- Industry Sectors
- Sungkon Kim (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Korea Highway Corporation, Korea