RETRACTED ARTICLE: Uncertainty modeling based on Bayesian network in ontology mapping
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
How to deal with uncertainty is crucial in exact concept mapping between ontologies. This paper presents a new framework on modeling uncertainty in ontologies based on bayesian networks (BN). In our approach, ontology Web language (OWL) is extended to add probabilistic markups for attaching probability information, the source and target ontologies (expressed by patulous OWL) are translated into bayesian networks (BNs), the mapping between the two ontologies can be digged out by constructing the conditional probability tables (CPTs) of the BN using a improved algorithm named I-IPFP based on iterative proportional fitting procedure (IPFP). The basic idea of this framework and algorithm are validated by positive results from computer experiments.
- Noy, N (2004) Semantic Integration: A Survey of Ontology-Based Approaches [J]. SIGMOD Record 33: pp. 65-70 CrossRef
- Ding Z, Peng Y. A Probabilistic Extension to OWL [C]//Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Big Island, Hawaii, USA, Jan. 2004.
- Pan R. A Framework for Bayesian Network Mapping [C]//Proceedings of 2005 American Association for Artificial Intelligence. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, April 2005.
- Holi, M, Hyvönen, E (2000) Probability Measures with Given Marginals and Conditionals: I-Projections and Conditional Iterative Proportional Fitting [J]. Statistics and Decisions 18: pp. 311-329
- Csiszar, I (1975) I-Divergence Geometry of Probability Distributions and Minimization Problems[J]. The Annuals of Probability 3: pp. 146-158 CrossRef
- Koller D, Levy A. P-CLASSIC: A Tractable Probabilistic Description Logic [C]//Proceedings of 1997 American Association for Artifical Intelligence. Providence, Rhode Island, USA, Aug. 1997.
- Lacher M, Groh G. Facilitating the Exchange of Explicit Knowledge through Ontology Mappings [C]//Proceedings of the 14th International Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference. Melbourne Beach, Florida, USA, May 2001.
- Mitra P, Noy N. OMEN: A Probabilistic Ontology Mapping Tool [C]//Workshop on Meaning Coordination and Negotiation at the Third International Conference on the Semantic Web. Hisroshima, Japan, Oct. 2003.
- Holi M, Hyvönen E. Probabilistic Information Retrieval Based on Conceptual Overlap in Semantic Web Ontologies [C]//Proceedings of the 11th Finnish Artificial Intelligence Conference. Vantaa, Finland, Sept. 2004.
- Prasad S, Peng Y, Finin T. A Tool for Mapping between Two Ontologies Using Explicit Information [C]//Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems 2002 Workshop on Ontologies and Agent Systems. Bologna, Italy, July 2002.
- Melnik S, Garcia-Molina H, Rahm E. Similarity Flooding: A Versatile Graph Matching Algorithm and Its Application to Schema Matching [C]//18th International Conference on Data Engineering. San Jose, USA, April 2005.
- RETRACTED ARTICLE: Uncertainty modeling based on Bayesian network in ontology mapping
Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences
Volume 11, Issue 5 , pp 1132-1136
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Bayesian network
- conditional probability table (CPT)
- improved-iterative proportional fitting procedure (I-IPFP)
- TP 301.6
- Industry Sectors