Strongly minimal expansions of algebraically closed fields
- Ehud Hrushovski
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
(1) We construct a strongly minimal expansion of an algebraically closed field of a given characteristic. Actually we show a much more general result, implying for example the existence of a strongly minimal set with two different field structures of distinct characteristics.
(2) A strongly minimal expansion of an algebraically closed field that preserves the algebraic closure relation must be an expansion by (algebraic) constants.
- Baldwin, John (1973) αT is finite for ℵ1-categorical T. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 181: pp. 37-51 CrossRef
- Lau Van den Dries,Model theory of fields: decidability, and bounds for polynomial ideals, Doctoral Thesis, Univ. Utrecht, 1978.
- E. Hrushovski and J. Loveys,Structure of strongly minimal modules, in preparation.
- E. Hrushovski,A strongly minimal set, to appear.
- Hrushovski, E., Pillay, A. (1986) Weakly normal groups. North-Holland, Amsterdam
- Lang, Serge (1964) Introduction to Algebraic Geometry. Interscience, New York
- Marker, Dave (1989) Semi-algebraic expansions of C. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 320: pp. 581-592 CrossRef
- Poizat, Bruno (1988) Missionary mathematics. J. Symb. Logic 53: pp. 137-145
- Poizat, Bruno (1983) Une théorie de Galois imaginaire. J. Symb. Logic 48: pp. 1151-1170 CrossRef
- A. Pillay,An Introduction to Stability Theory, Oxford University Press, 1983.
- Seidenberg, A. (1974) Constructions in algebra. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 197: pp. 273-313 CrossRef
- Strongly minimal expansions of algebraically closed fields
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 79, Issue 2-3 , pp 129-151
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Ehud Hrushovski (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, The Hebrew University Givat Ram, 91904, Jerusalem