Center conditions III: Parametric and model center problems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider an Abel equation (*)y’=p(x)y 2 +q(x)y 3 withp(x), q(x) polynomials inx. A center condition for (*) (closely related to the classical center condition for polynomial vector fields on the plane) is thaty 0=y(0)≡y(1) for any solutiony(x) of (*).
Folowing , we consider a parametric version of this condition: an equation (**)y’=p(x)y 2 +εq(x)y 3 p, q as above, ε ∈ ℂ, is said to have a parametric center, if for any ɛ and for any solutiony(ɛ,x) of (**)y(ɛ, 0)≡y(ɛ, 1)..
We give another proof of the fact, shown in , that the parametric center condition implies vanishing of all the momentsm k (1), wherem k (x)=∫ 0 x pk (t)q(t)(dt),P(x)=∫ 0 x p(t)dt. We investigate the structure of zeroes ofm k (x) and generalize a “canonical representation” ofm k (x) given in . On this base we prove in some additional cases a composition conjecture, stated in [6, 7] for a parametric center problem.
- Center conditions III: Parametric and model center problems
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 118, Issue 1 , pp 83-108
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Jerusalem College of Engineering, Ramat Bet Hakerem, 91035, Jerusalem, Israel
- 2. Département de Mathématiques, Université de Paris VI, U.F.R. 920, 46-56, 4 Place Jussieu, B.P. 172, 75252, Paris, France
- 3. Department of Theoretical Mathematics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100, Rehovot, Israel