Diophantine geometry over groups IV: An iterative procedure for validation of a sentence
- Z. Sela
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper is the fourth in a series on the structure of sets of solutions to systems of equations in a free group, projections of such sets, and the structure of elementary sets defined over a free group. In the fourth paper we present an iterative procedure that validates the correctness of anAE sentence defined over a free group. The terminating procedure presented in this paper is the basis for our analysis of elementary sets defined over a free group presented in the next papers in the series.
- [Me] Yu. I. Merzlyakov,Positive formulae on free groups, Algebra i Logika5 (1966), 257–266.
- [Sc] P. Scott,Subgroups of surface groups are almost geometric, Journal of the London Mathematical Society17 (1978), 555–565. CrossRef
- [Se1] Z. Sela,Diophantine geometry over groups I: Makanin-Razborov diagrams, Publication Mathématiques de l'IHES93 (2001), 31–105. CrossRef
- [Se2] Z. Sela,Diophantine geometry over groups II: Completions, closures and formal solutions, Israel Journal of Mathematics134 (2003), 173–254. CrossRef
- [Se3] Z. Sela,Diophantine geometry over groups III: Rigid and solid solutions, Israel Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
- Diophantine geometry over groups IV: An iterative procedure for validation of a sentence
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 143, Issue 1 , pp 1-130
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Z. Sela (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, 91904, Jerusalem, Israel