Coastal zone management from the social scientific perspective
- Leontine Visser
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
‘Integration’ was one of the most frequently used words at the San Feliu Euroconference but the participants did not always use it in the same way. Integration is one of the key notions discussed in the subsequent papers bySalz, Green & Penning-Rowsell, Köhn & Gowdy andDavos. A short introduction to these papers is presented, where some of the views expressed by the authors are compared with related conceptions which can be found in social sciences literature.
- Anon. 1998.RamCo, Rapid assessment module for coastal zones (2.0). WOTRO, The Hague.
- Ellen, R. & Fukui, K. (eds.) 1996.Redefining nature. Ecology, culture and domestication. Berg, Oxford/Washington, DC.
- Grindle, M.S. (ed.) 1980.Politics and policy implementation in the Third World. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
- Migdal, J.S. 1988.Strong societies and weak states. Statesociety relations and state capabilities in the Third World. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
- Milton, K. 1996.Environmentalism and cultural theory. Exploring the role of anthropology in environmental discourse. Routledge, London/New York.
- Ostrom, E. 1990.Governing the commons. The evolution of institutions for collective action. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Quarles van Ufford, Ph., Kruijt D. & Downing Th. (eds.) 1988.The hidden crisis in development: Development bureaucracies. Free University Press, Amsterdam.
- Sorensen, J. 1997. National and international efforts at integrated coastal management: definitions, achievements, and lessons.Coastal Manage. 25: 3–41. CrossRef
- Uphoff, N. 1986.Local institutional development: An analytical sourcebook with cases. Kumarian Press, West Hartford.
- Coastal zone management from the social scientific perspective
Journal of Coastal Conservation
Volume 5, Issue 2 , pp 145-148
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Leontine Visser (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Political, Social and Cultural Sciences, OZ Achterburgwal 237, 1012 DL, Amsterdam, The Netherlands