On the riesz basisness of the root functions of the nonself-adjoint sturm-liouville operator
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this article we obtain the asymptotic formulas for eigenfunctions and eigenvalues of the nonself-adjoint Sturm-Liouville operators with periodic and antiperiodic boundary conditions, when the potential is an arbitrary summable complex-valued function. Then using these asymptotic formulas, we find the conditions on Fourier coefficients of the potential for which the eigenfunctions and associated functions of these operators form a Riesz basis inL 2(0, 1).
- I. T. Goghberg and M. G. Krein,Introduction to Theory of Linear Nonselfadjoint Operators in Hilbert Space, Nauka, Moscow, 1965.
- V. A. Marchenko, Sturm-Liouville Operators and Applications, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 1986.
- M. A. Naimark,Linear Differential Operators, George G. Harap & Company, London, 1967.
- A. A. Shkalikov,The basis property of eigenfunctions of an ordinary differential operator, Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk34 (1979), no. 5(209), 235–236.
- A. A. Shkalikov,Boundary value problem for ordinary differential equations with a parameter in the boundary conditions, Trudy Seminara imeni I. G. Petrovskova9 (1983), 190–229.
- O. A. Veliev and M. Toppamuk Duman,The spectral expansion for a nonselfadjoint Hill operator with a locally integrable potential, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications265 (2002), 76–90. CrossRef
- On the riesz basisness of the root functions of the nonself-adjoint sturm-liouville operator
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 145, Issue 1 , pp 113-123
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts and Science, Marmara University Göztepe Kampüsü, 81040, Kadiköy, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2. Departartment of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts and Science, Dogus University Acibadem, 34722, Kadiköy, Istanbul, Turkey