Algebras generated by two bounded holomorphic functions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We study the closure in the Hardy space or the disk algebra of algebras generated by two bounded functions, one of which is a finite Blaschke product. We give necessary and sufficient conditions for density or finite codimension (of the closure) of such algebras. The conditions are expressed in terms of the inner part of a certain function which is explicitly derived from each pair of generators. Our results are based on identifyingz-invariant subspaces included in the closure of the algebra.
- R. G. Blumenthal,Holomorphically closed algebras of analytic functions, Math. Scand.34 (1974), 84–90.
- J. L. Burchnall and T. W. Chaundy,Commutative ordinary differential operators, Proc. Roy. Soc. London, Ser. A118 (1928), 557–583. CrossRef
- M. J. Jaffrey, T. L. Lance and M. I. Stessin,Submodules of the Hardy space over polynomial algebras, Pacific J. Math.194 (2000), 373–392. CrossRef
- J. Jones,Generators of the disk algebra, Ph.D. dissertation, Brown University, 1977.
- D. Khavinson, T. L. Lance and M. I. Stessin,Wandering property in the Hardy space, Michigan Math. J.44 (1997), 597–606. CrossRef
- T. L. Lance and M. I. Stessin,Multiplication invariant subspaces of Hardy spaces, Canad. J. Math.49 (1997), 100–118.
- A. I. Markushevich,Theory of Functions of Complex Variables, Chelsea, New York, 1977.
- M. B. Nathanson,Elementary Methods in Number Theory, Graduate Texts in Mathematics195, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000.
- W. Rudin,The closed ideals in an algebra of analytic functions, Canad. J. Math.9 (1957), 426–434.
- W. Rudin,Real and Complex Analysis, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1974.
- N. Sibony and J. Wermer,Generators for A(Ω), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.194 (1974), 103–114. CrossRef
- J. Wermer,Rings of analytic functions, Ann. of Math.67 (1958), 497–516. CrossRef
- J. Wermer,Subalgebras of the disk algebra, Colloque d’Analyse Harmonique et Complexe, 7 pp. (not consecutively paged), Univ. Aix-Marseille I, Marseille, 1977.
- Algebras generated by two bounded holomorphic functions
Journal d’Analyse Mathématique
Volume 90, Issue 1 , pp 89-114
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links