Polynomial reflexivity in Banach spaces
- Jeff D. Farmer
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We ask when the space ofN-homogeneous analytic polynomials on a Banach space is reflexive. This turns out to be related to whether polynomials are weakly sequentially continuous, and to the geometry of spreading models. For example, if these spaces are reflexive for allN, no quotient of the dual space may have a spreading model with an upperq-estimate, and every bounded holomorphic function on the unit ball has a Taylor series made up of weakly sequentially continuous polynomials (we assume the approximation property). Alencar, Aron and Dineen [AAD] gave the first example of some properties of a polynomially reflexive space (usingT*, the original Tsirelson space); we show that these properties and others are shared by all polynomially reflexive spaces.
- R. Alencar, R. Aron and S. Dineen,A reflexive space of holomorphic functions in infinitely many variables, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.90 (1984), 407–411. CrossRef
- R. Alencar, R. Aron and G. Fricke,Tensor products of Tsirelson’s space, Ill. J. Math.31 (1987), 17–23.
- R. Aron and P. Berner,A Hahn-Banach extension theorem for analytic mappings, Bull. Soc. Math. France106 (1978), 3–24.
- R. Aron, B. Cole and T. Gamelin,Spectra of algebras of analytic functions on a Banach space, J. Reine Angew. Math.415 (1991), 51–93.
- R. Aron, C. Herves and M. Valdivia,Weakly continuous mappings on Banach spaces, J. Funct. Anal.52 (1983), 189–204. CrossRef
- B. Beauzamy,Banach-Saks properties and spreading models, Math. Scand.44 (1979), 357–384.
- A. Brunel and L. Sucheston,On B-convex Banach spaces, Math. Systems Theory7 (1974), 294–299. CrossRef
- A. Brunel and L. Sucheston,On J-convexity and some ergodic super-properties of Banach spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.204 (1975), 79–90. CrossRef
- T. Carne, B. Cole and T. Gamelin,A uniform algebra of analytic functions on a Banach space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.314 (1989), 639–659.
- B. Cole and T. Gamelin,Tight uniform algebras and analytic functions, J. Funct. Anal.46 (1982), 158–220. CrossRef
- B. Cole, T. Gamelin, and W. B. Johnson,Analytic disks in fibers over the unit ball of a Banach space, Mich. Math. J.39 (1992), 551–569. CrossRef
- P. Casazza and T. Shura,Tsirelson’s space, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1363, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.
- A. M. Davie and T. W. Gamelin,A theorem on polynomial-star approximation, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.106 (1989), 351–358. CrossRef
- J. Diestel and J. J. Uhl, Jr.,Vector measures, Mathematical Surveys, No. 15, American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, 1977.
- J. Farmer and W. B. Johnson,Polynomial Schur and polynomial Dunford-Pettis properties, inBanach Spaces, Contemporary Mathematics, Vol. 144 (Bor-Luh Lin, ed.), American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, 1993.
- J. A. Jaramillo and A. Prieto,Weak-polynomial convergence on a Banach space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- J. Mujica,Complex Analysis in Banach Spaces, Notas de Mathematica, Vol. 120, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1986.
- R. Ryan,Applications of topological tensor products to infinite dimensional holomorphy, Ph.D. Thesis, Trinity College, Dublin, 1980.
- R. Ryan,Weakly compact holomorphic mappings on Banach spaces, Pac. J. Math.131 (1988), 179–190.
- Polynomial reflexivity in Banach spaces
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 87, Issue 1-3 , pp 257-273
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Jeff D. Farmer (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Missoure, 65211, Columbia, MO, USA