Projections of 3-polytopes
- David W. Barnette
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Given any 3-dimensional convex polytopeP, and any simple circuitC in the 1-skeleton ofP, there is a convex polytopeP′ combinatorially equivalent toP, and a direction such that ifP′ is projected orthogonally in this direction, then the inverse image of the boundary of the projection is the circuit inP′ corresponding to the circuitC inP.
- D. Barnette,The graphs of polytopes with involutory automorphisms, to appear.
- D. Barnette and B. Grünbaum,On Steinitz’ Theorem concerning convex 3-polytopes and on some properties of planar graphs, to appear in “The Many Facets of Graph Theory”.
- D. Barnette and B. Grünbaum,Preassigning the shape of a face, to appear, Pacific J. Math.
- B. Grünbaum and T. S. Motzkin,On polyhedral graphs, Proc. Symp. Pure Math. 7 (convexity), p. 498, 1963.
- B. Grünbaum and V. P. Sreedharan,An enumeration of simplicial 4-polytopes with 8 vertices, J. Combinatorial Theory, 2(1967), 437–465. CrossRef
- B. Grünbaum,Convex Polytopes, Wiley and Sons, New York, 1967.
- L. A. Lyusternik,Convex Bodies and Polyhedra, pp. 74–87, Dover, 1963.
- E. Steinitz and H. Rademacher,Vorlesungen über die Theorie der Polyeder. Berlin, 1934.
- Projections of 3-polytopes
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 8, Issue 3 , pp 304-308
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of California, Davis