Rigidity of locally homogeneous metrics of negative curvature on the leaves of a foliation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider the relationship between diffeomorphism and leafwise isometry for foliations whose leaves are locally homogeneous Riemannian manifolds of negative curvature.
- P. Eberlein and B. O’Neill,Visibility manifolds, Pac. J. Math.46 (1973), 45–109.
- V. Efremovic and E. Tikhonirova,Equimorphisms of hyperbolic spaces, Isv. Akad. Nauk USSR28 (1964), 1139–1144.
- M. Morse,Recurrent geodesics on a surface of negative curvature, Trans. Am. Math. Soc.22 (1921), 84–100. CrossRef
- G. D. Mostow,Quasi-conformal mappings in n-space and the rigidity of hyperbolic space forms, Publ. Math. I.H.E.S.34 (1967), 53–104.
- G. D. Mostow,Strong rigidity of locally symmetric spaces, Ann. Math. Stud.78 (1973).
- P. Pansu,Metriques de Carnot-Caratheodory et quasi-isometries des espaces symetriques de rang un, preprint, 1984.
- R. J. Zimmer,On the Mostow rigidity theorem and measurable foliations by hyperbolic space, Isr. J. Math.43 (1982), 281–290. CrossRef
- R. J. Zimmer,Ergodic Theory and Semisimple Groups, Birkhauser, Boston, 1984.
- Rigidity of locally homogeneous metrics of negative curvature on the leaves of a foliation
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 68, Issue 1 , pp 56-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors