The consistency strength of “every stationary set reflects”
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The consistency strength of a regular cardinal so that every stationary set reflects is the same as that of a regular cardinal with a normal idealI so that everyI-positive set reflects in aI-positive set. We call such a cardinal areflection cardinal and such an ideal areflection ideal. The consistency strength is also the same as the existence of a regular cardinal κ so that every κ-free (abelian) group is κ+-free. In L, the first reflection cardinal is greater than the first greatly Mahlo cardinal and less than the first weakly compact cardinal (if any).
- J. Baumgartner,A new class of order types, Ann. Math. Logic9 (1976), 187–222. CrossRef
- J. Baumgartner, A. Taylor and S. Wagon,On splitting stationary subsets of large cardinals, J. Symb. Logic42 (1976), 203–214. CrossRef
- P. Eklof,On the existence of κ-free abelian groups, Proc. Am. Math. Soc.47 (1975), 65–72. CrossRef
- M. Gitik and S. Shelah,Cardinal preserving ideals, J. Symb. Logic, to appear.
- L. Harrington and S. Shelah,Some exact equiconsistency results in set theory, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic26 (1985), 178–188. CrossRef
- T. Jech and S. Shelah,Full reflection of stationary sets at regular cardinals, to appear.
- A. Kanamori and M. Magidor,The evolution of large cardinal axioms in set theory, inHigher Set Theory, Lecture Notes in Math.669, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1978, pp. 99–275.
- K. Kunen,Saturated ideals, J. Symb. Logic43 (1978), 65–76. CrossRef
- M. Magidor,On reflecting stationary sets, J. Symb. Logic47 (1982), 755–771. CrossRef
- M. Magidor and S. Shelah,When does almost free imply free? (For group, transversal etc.), preprint.
- K. Prikry and R. Solovay,On partitions into stationary sets, J. Symb. Logic40 (1970), 75–80. CrossRef
- S. Shelah,Models with second order properties. III. Omitting types for L(Q), Arch. Math. Logik*21 (1980), 1–11. CrossRef
- The consistency strength of “every stationary set reflects”
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 67, Issue 3 , pp 353-366
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors