EmbeddingL 1 in a Banach lattice
- N. J. Kalton
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We show that ifX is a Banach lattice containing no copy ofc 0 and ifZ is a subspace ofX isomorphic toL 1[0, 1] then (a)Z contains a subspaceZ 0 isomorphic toL 1 and complemented inX and (b)X contains a complemented sublattice isomorphic and lattice-isomorphic toL 1.
- L. Dor,On projections in L 1, Ann. Math.102 (1975), 463–474. CrossRef
- P. Enflo and T. Starbird,Subspaces of L 1 isomorphic to L1, to appear in Studia Math.
- W. B. Johnson, B. Maurey, G. Schechtman and L. Tzafriri,Symmetric structures in Banach spaces, to appear.
- N. J. Kalton,The endomorphisms of L p, 0≦p≦1, Indiana Univ. Math. J.27 (1978), 353–381. CrossRef
- H. P. Lotz,The Radon-Nikodym property in Banach lattices, to appear.
- H. P. Lotz and H. P. Rosenthal, to appear.
- EmbeddingL 1 in a Banach lattice
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 32, Issue 2-3 , pp 209-220
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- N. J. Kalton (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Illinois, 61801, Urbana, Illinois, USA