Detailed XPS and UPS studies of the band structure of zinc oxide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The X-ray photoelectron spectra of zinc oxide were measured in a wide range of quantum energies (30–150 and 1253.6 eV). It is shown that the form of the spectrum of the valence O2p-band depends on the energy of the incident quantum. The most probable reason for the change in the form of the O2p-band spectra is an admixture of Zn3d-electrons, which, along with Zn4s-electronst take part in covalent bonding of Zn and O. The dependence of the integral intensity ratio of the O2p-band to the intensity of the Zn3d peak on hv was analyzed, due to which the percent of the admixture of the Zn3d-states in the O2p-band was determined to be 9%. The stoichiometry and the depth of the profile of the concentration ratio were calculated taking into account the fraction of the Zn3d-electrons participating in the bond.
- R. A. Powell, W. E. Spicer, and J. C. McMenfmin,Phys. Rev.,B6, 3056–3065 (1972).
- L. Ley, R. A. Pollak, F. R. McFeely, et al.,ibid.,B9, No. 2, 600–620 (1974).
- W. Ranke,Solid State Commun.,19,685–688 (1976). CrossRef
- D. H. Lee and J. D. Joannopoulos,J. Vac. Sci. Technol.,17, No. 5, 987–988 (1980). CrossRef
- W. Göpel, J. Pollmann, I. Ivanov, and B. Reine,Phys. Rev.,B26, 3144–3150 (1982).
- G. Zwicker and K. Jacobi,Solid State Commun.,54, 701–704 (1985). CrossRef
- S. V. Didziulis, S. L. Cohen, K. D. Butcher, and E. I. Solomon,Inorg. Chem.,27, 2238–2250 (1988). CrossRef
- V. G. Devyatov, A. E. Cherkashin, and S. V. Koscheev,Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res.,A308, 225–226 (1991).
- U. Rössler,Phys. Rev.,B148, 733–738 (1969). CrossRef
- S. Bloom and L. Ortenburger,Phys. Status Solidi (b),58, 561–566 (1973). CrossRef
- J. R. Chelikowski,Solid State Commun.,22, 351–354 (1977). CrossRef
- L. I. Vanov and J. Pollmann,Phys. Rev.,B24, No. 12, 7275–7296 (1981).
- Y. R. Wang and C. B. Duke,Surf. Sci.,192, 309–322 (1987). CrossRef
- P. Schröer, P. Krüger, and J. Pollmann,Phys. Rev.,B47, 6977–6980 (1993).
- C.-K. Yang and K. S. Dy,Solid State Commun.,88, No. 6, 491–494 (1993). CrossRef
- J. J. Yen and I. Lindau,At. Data Nucl. Data Tables,32, 1 (1985). CrossRef
- S. V. Koscheev and A. E. Cherkashin,React. Kinet. Catal. Lett,14, No. 2, 129–134 (1980). CrossRef
- E. S. Gluskin, V. S. Kuzminyh, E. M. Trakhtenberg, et al.,Rev. Sci. Instrum.,60, No. 7, 2076–2077 (1989). CrossRef
- D. Briggs and M. P. Seah (eds.),Practical Surface Analysis by Auger and X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Wiley, New York (1983).
- V. G. Aleshin, Yu. N. Kucherenko, and V. V. Nemoshkalenko,Solid State Commun.,20, 913–915 (1976). CrossRef
- V. I. Nefedov and V. T. Cherepin,Physical Methods of Investigating the Surface of Solids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).
- M. P. Seah and W. A. Dench,Surf. Interface Anal.,1, No. 1, 2–11 (1979). CrossRef
- C. D. Wagner, L. E. Davis, M. V. Zeller, et al.,ibid.,3, 211 (1981).
- Detailed XPS and UPS studies of the band structure of zinc oxide
Journal of Structural Chemistry
Volume 38, Issue 5 , pp 725-731
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors