Codimensions of products and of intersections of verbally primeT-ideals
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
By Kemer’s theory ,T idealsJ 1 ∪…∪J r andJ 1 …J r, where eachJ i is verbally prime, are of fundamental importance in the theory of P.I. algebras. We calculate, approximately and asymptotically, the codimensions of suchT-ideals, thereby extending the corresponding results about matrix algebras. In all such cases, the exponential growth of the codimensions is calculated; in particular, it is always an integer.
- W. Beckner and A. Regev,Asymptotic estimates using probability, Advances in Mathematics, in press.
- Berele, A., Regev, A. (1987) Hook Young diagrams with applications to combinatorics and to representations of Lie superalgebras. Advances in Mathematics 64: pp. 118-175 CrossRef
- Berele, A., Regev, A. (1983) Applications of Hook Young diagrams to P.I. algebras. Journal of Algebra 82: pp. 559-567 CrossRef
- Berele, A., Regev, A. (1995) On the codimensions of the verbally prime P.I. algebras. Israel Journal of Mathematics 91: pp. 239-247 CrossRef
- E. Formanek,Noncommutative invariant theory, inGroup Actions on Rings (S. Montgomery, ed.), Contemporary Mathematics, Vol. 43, American Mathematical Society, 1985, pp. 87–119.
- Halpin, P. (1983) Some Poincare series related to identities of 2×2 matrices. Pacific Journal of Mathematics 107: pp. 107-115
- Kemer, A. (1978) T-ideals with power growth of the codimension are Specht. Siberian Mathematical Journal 19: pp. 37-48 CrossRef
- Kemer, A. (1985) Varieties and ℤ2 graded algebras. Mathematics of the USSR—Izvestiya 25: pp. 359-374
- A. Kemer,Ideals of identities of associative algebras, Translations of Mathematical Monographs, Vol. 87, American Mathematical Society, 1988.
- Krakowski, D., Regev, A. (1973) The polynomial identities of the Grassmann algebra. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 181: pp. 429-438 CrossRef
- Nadzharyan, N. G. (1984) On proper codimensions of T ideals. Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk 39: pp. 173-174
- Regev, A. (1972) Existence of identities in A⊗B. Israel Journal of Mathematics 11: pp. 131-152 CrossRef
- Regev, A. (1978) The representations of Sn and explicit identities for P.I. algebras. Journal of Algebra 51: pp. 25-40 CrossRef
- Regev, A. (1984) Codimensions and trace codimensions of matrices are asymptotically equal. Israel Journal of Mathematics 47: pp. 246-250
- Regev, A. (1987) On the identities of subalgebras of matrices over the Grassmann algebra. Israel Journal of Mathematics 58: pp. 351-369
- Regev, A. (1987) Sign trace identities. Linear and Multilinear Algebra 21: pp. 1-28 CrossRef
- Codimensions of products and of intersections of verbally primeT-ideals
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 103, Issue 1 , pp 17-28
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors