Uniqueness and existence of Whittaker models for the metaplictic group
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We introduce the notion of Whittaker models for representations of a metaplectic covering group of GL (2) and establish the uniqueness and existence of such models. Our results generalize corresponding results of Jacquet-Langlands, but the methods are new.
- Gelbart, S (1976) Weil’s Representation and the Spectrum of the Metaplectic Group. Springer-Verlag, Berlin
- Gelbart, S., Piatetski-Shapiro, I. (1978) Automorphic L-functions of half-integral weight. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75: pp. 1620-1623 CrossRef
- S. Gelbart and I. Piatetski-Shapiro,On Shimura’s correspondence for modular forms of half-integral weight, to appear in Proc. Internat. Colloq. on Automorphic Forms, Representation Theory, and Arithmetic, Bombay, January 1979.
- S. Gelbart and I. Piatetski-Shapiro,Distinguished representations and modular forms of half-integral weight, submitted to Invent. Math.
- Godement, R. (1970) Notes on Jacquet-Langlands Theory. Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
- Jacquet, H., Landlands, R. P. (1970) Automorphic Forms on GL(2). Springer-Verlag, Berlin
- T. Kubota,Automorphic Functions and the Reciprocity Law in a Number Field, Kyoto University, 1969.
- S. Lang, SL2(R), Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- Uniqueness and existence of Whittaker models for the metaplictic group
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 34, Issue 1-2 , pp 21-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Cornell University, 14853, Ithaca, NY, USA
- 2. Department of Mathematics, Yale University, 06520, New Haven, Conn, USA
- 3. Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel