The shelahP-point independence theorem
- Edward L. Wimmers
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, we present S. Shelah's example of a model of set theory in which there are noP-points in βN/N. This settles the famous open question: “Is ‘ZFC+there are noP-points in βN/N’ consistent?”
- W. W. Comfort and S. Negrepontis,The Theory of Ultrafilters, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1974.
- S. Grigorieff,Combinatorics on ideals and forcing, Ann. Math. Log.3 (1971), 363–394. CrossRef
- K. Kunen,Ultrafilters and independent sets, Trans. Am. Math. Soc.172 (1972), 299–306. CrossRef
- K. Kunen,Set Theory, North-Holland, to appear.
- C. Mills,An easier proof of the Shelah P-Point Independence Theorem, to appear.
- W. Rudin,Homogeneity problems in the theory of Cech compactifications, Duke Math. J.23 (1956), 409–420. CrossRef
- The shelahP-point independence theorem
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 43, Issue 1 , pp 28-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin, 53706, Madison, WI, USA