A few remarks on Rowbottom cardinals
- Jan Tryba
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is proved that every regular Rowbottom cardinal which is greater than the continuum is strongly inaccessible. We notice that the theory “ZFC + every cardinal of cofinality ω is Rowbottom” is inconsistent. This answers a question raised by C. C. Chang and H. J. Keisler.
- C. C. Chang and H. J. Keisler,Model Theory, North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 1973.
- F. R. Drake,Set Theory, North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, 1974.
- K. Prikry,Ideal and powers of cardinals, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc.81 (1975), 907–909. CrossRef
- A few remarks on Rowbottom cardinals
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 40, Issue 3-4 , pp 193-196
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Jan Tryba (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Gdańsk University, Wita Stwosza 57, 80952, Gdańsk, Poland