Algebras satisfying a Capelli identity
- Amitai Regev
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The sequence of cocharacters (c.c.s.) of a P.I. algebra is studied. We prove that an algebra satisfies a Capelli identity if, and only if, all the Young diagrams associated with its cocharacters are of a bounded height. This result is then applied to study the identities of certain P.I. algebras, includingF k .
- S. A. Amitsur,Identities and linear dependence, Israel J. Math.22(1975), 127–137.
- Ju. P. Razmyslov,On the Kaplansky problem, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser. Mat.37(1973), 483–501 (Russian).
- A. Regev,The T-ideal generated by the standard identity s 3 [x 1 , x 2 , x 3 ] Israel J. Math.26(1977), 105–125. CrossRef
- A. Regev,The representations of s n and explicit identities for P.I. algebras, J. Algebra51 (1978), 25–40. CrossRef
- Algebras satisfying a Capelli identity
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 33, Issue 2 , pp 149-154
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Amitai Regev (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Pure Mathematics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- 2. University of California San Diego, 92093, La Jolla, Calif., USA