Analysis of the heart rate variability in negative functional states in the course of psychological relaxation sessions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The aim of this study was to compare the effects of psychological relaxation on the heart rate variability (HRV) in subjects with a number of negative functional states: asthenia, depression, and neurotic symptoms. The analysis performed allowed us to reveal the dynamics of theHRV variables characteristic of each negative functional state and to determine indicators, which are significant for their diagnosis. The effectiveness of usingHRV analysis for the control and management of the psychological relaxation process and the diagnosis of a number of negative functional states in humans is substantiated by the study results.
- Malik, M., Heart Rate Variability,Curr. Opin. Cardiol., 1998, vol. 13, no. 1, p. 36. CrossRef
- Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Heart Rate Variability. Standards of Measurements, Physiological Interpretation, and Clinical Use,Circulation, 1996, vol. 93, p. 1043.
- Boulos, M., Barron, S., Nicolski, E., and Markiewicz, W., Power Spectral Analysis of Heart Rate Variability during Upright Tilt Test: a Comparison of Patients with Syncope and Normal Subjects,Cardiology, 1996, vol. 87, no. 1, p. 28.
- Mazerolles, M., Senard, J.M., Verwaerde, P., and Tran, M.A., Effects of Pentobarbital and Etomidate on Plasma Catecholamine Levels and Spectral Analysis of Blood Pressure and Heart Rate in Dogs,Fundam. Clin. Pharmacol., 1996, vol. 10, no. 3, p. 298. CrossRef
- Panina, G., Khot, U.N., Nunziata, E.,et al., Role of Spectral Measures of Heart Rate Variability as Markers of Disease Progression in Patients with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure Not Treated with Angiotension-converting Enzyme Inhibitors.Am. Heart J., 1996, vol. 131, no. 1, p. 153. CrossRef
- Liao, D., Evans, G.W., Chambless, L.E.,et al., Population-based Study of Heart Rate Variability and Prevalent Myocardial Infarction. The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study,J. Electrocardiol., 1996, vol. 29, no. 3, p. 189. CrossRef
- Liao, D., Cai, J., Barnes, R.W.,et al., Association of Cardiac Autonomic Function and the Development of Hypertension: the ARIC Study,Am. J. Hypertens., 1996, vol. 9, no. 12, part 1, p. 1147. CrossRef
- Kendell, M.J. and Stewart, A., Translated under the titleMnogomernyi statisticheskii analiz i vremennye ryady (Multidimensional Statistical Analysis and Temporal Series), Moscow: Nauka, 1976.
- Baevskii, R.M., Cybernetic Analysis of the Processes of Heart Rhythm Control, inAktual’nye problemy fiziologii i patologii krovoobrashcheniya (Topical Problems of the Physiology and Pathology of Blood Circulation), Moscow: Meditsina, 1976, p. 161.
- Baevskii, R.M.,Prognozirovanie sostoyanii na grani normy i patologii (Predicting Borderline Normal and Pathological States), Moscow: Meditsina, 1976.
- Reardon, M. and Malik, M., Changes in Heart Rate Variability with Age,Pacing Clin. Electrophysiol., 1996, vol. 19, no. 11, part 2, p. 1863. CrossRef
- Tsuji, H., Venditti, F.J., Manders, E.S.,et al., Determinants of Heart Rate Variability,J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., 1996, vol. 28, no. 6, p. 1539. CrossRef
- Schultz, S.K., Anderson, E.A., and van de Borne, P., Heart Rate Variability before and after Treatment with Electroconvulsive Therapy,J. Affect. Disorders, 1997, vol. 44, no. 1, p. 13. CrossRef
- Evans, D.L., Staab, J., Ward, H.,et al., Depression in the Medically Ill: Management Considerations,Depress. Anxiety, 1996-1997, vol. 4, no. 4, p. 199. CrossRef
- Analysis of the heart rate variability in negative functional states in the course of psychological relaxation sessions
Volume 26, Issue 4 , pp 420-425
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links