The model theory of differential fields revisited
- Carol Wood
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The intent of this article is to provide a general and elementary account of the model theory of differential fields, collecting together various results (many without proof) and offering a few algebraic details for the logician reader. The first model-theoretic look at differential fields was taken by Abraham Robinson in the context of model completeness, while later developments have served to illustrate concepts developed by Morley and Shelah.
- L. Blum,Generalized algebraic structures: A model theoretic approach, Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1968.
- L. Harrington,Recursively presentable prime models, J. Symbolic Logic39 (1974), 305–309. CrossRef
- I. Kaplansky,An Introduction to Differential Algebra, Hermann, Paris, 1957.
- E. R. Kolchin,Constrained extensions of differential fields, Advances in Math.12 (1974), 141–170. CrossRef
- E. R. Kolchin,Differential Algebra and Algebraic Groups, Academic Press, New York, 1973.
- M. Morley,Categoricity in power, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.114 (1965), 514–538. CrossRef
- J. F. Ritt,Differential Algebra, Amer. Math. Soc. Colloq. Publ., Vol. 33, New York, 1950.
- A. Robinson,An Introduction to Model Theory, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1965.
- A. Robinson,On the concept of a differentially closed field, Bull. Res. Counc. Isr.8F (1959), 113–128.
- A. Robinson,Metamathematical problems, J. Symbolic Logic38 (1973), 500–516. CrossRef
- A. Robinson,The nonminimality of the differential closure, Pacific J. Math.52 (1974), 529–537.
- G. Sacks,The differential closure of a differential field, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc.78 (1972), 629–634. CrossRef
- G. Sacks,Model theory and applications, C.I.M.E. Lecture Notes, July 1975.
- G. Sacks,Saturated Model Theory, Benjamin, Reading, Mass., 1972.
- A. Seidenberg,An elimination theory for differential algebra, Univ. Calif. Math. Publications3 (1956), 31–65.
- A. Seidenberg,Some basic theorems in differential algebra, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.73 (1952), 174–190. CrossRef
- S. Shelah,Differentially closed fields, Israel J. Math.16 (1973), 314–328. CrossRef
- S. Shelah,The lazy model-theoretician’s guide to stability, Univ. of Louvain, 1975.
- S. Shelah,The number of non-isomorphic models of an unstable first-order theory, Israel J. Math.9 (1971), 473–487.
- S. Shelah,Stability and the number of nonisomorphic models, North-Holland, to appear.
- S. Shelah,Uniqueness and characterization of prime models over sets for totally transcendental first-order theories, J. Symbolic Logic37 (1972), 107–113. CrossRef
- A. Weil,Foundations of Algebraic Geometry, Amer. Math. Soc., 1962.
- C. Wood,The model theory of differential fields of characteristic p≠0, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.40 (1973), 577–584. CrossRef
- C. Wood,Prime model extensions for differential fields of characteristic p≠0, J. Symbolic Logic39 (1974), 469–477. CrossRef
- The model theory of differential fields revisited
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 25, Issue 3-4 , pp 331-352
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Carol Wood (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Wesleyan University, 06457, Middletown, Connecticut, USA