Cost of neonatal intensive care
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Neonates are among those patients generating the highest hospital costs in recent years. There are no published data on the costs of neonatal intensive care in our country. The aim of our study was to analyse the cost of neonatal intensive care in a tertiary care unit. The average hospital charges per day were higher among non-survivors, (Rs. 1857) compared to survivors (Rs. 727). Care of more than 1250 gms infant is cost beneficial in our set up.
- Jacinto A, Hernandez, Joan Offutt L, Joseph Butterfield. The cost of care of the less than 1000 gram infant.Clin Perinatol 1986; 13 (2): 461–475.
- Kannaraj V, Paul VK, Gupta Set al. Cost of Neonatal Intensive care. (Abstracts—XVI Annual Convention of National Neonatology Forum, Chandigarh, November 1996).
- Bhakoo ON. Assisted ventilation in neonates: The Indian perspective Editorial.Indian Pediatric 1995; 32 (2): 1261–1264.
- Claran S, Phibbs Richard L. Willams, Roderic H. Phibbs, Newborn risk factors and costs of Neonatal Intensive Care;Pediatrics 1981; 68 (3): 313–321.
- Sudha, Padmapriya E, Shanmugasundaram R.Cost of Neonatal Intensive Care in India. Poster presentation at XIV Annual Convention of National Neonatology Forum, Chennai, Novermber 1994.
- John E, Hind N, Roberts Vet al. Cost efficiency of neonatal nurseries: the significance of unit size.Aust J Public Health. 1991; 15 (3): 242–244. CrossRef
- Bhakoo ON, Narang A, Ghosk K. Assisted ventilation in neonates. An experience with 120 cases. Paper presented at IX Annual Conference, National Neonatology Forum, Manipal, 1990.
- Leveno KJ, Cunningham FG, Roark MLet al. Prenatal care and the low birth weight infant.Obstet Gynecol 1985; 66 (5): 599–605.
- Andra P. Metkus, Laura Essesman, Augusto Solaet al. Cost per anomaly; what does a diaphragmatic hernia cost?J Pediatr Surg 1995; 30 (2).
- Michael, H. Boyle, George W. Torrance, John C Sinclariet al. Economic evolution of Neonatal intensive care of very low birth weight infants.,N Engl J Med 1983; 308: 1330–1337. CrossRef
- Cost of neonatal intensive care
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 65, Issue 2 , pp 249-255
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Intensive care
- Industry Sectors