Tuberous sclerosis with hypothyroidism and precocious puberty
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Tuberous sclerosis complex has been associated though infrequently, with abnormalities in the endocrine tissues. Alterations in thyroid function, in patients with tuberous sclerosis have been reported rarely. We report a patient with tuberous sclerosis complex who presented with hypothyroidism and precocious puberty.
- Zimmerman D. The Endocrine System in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. In Gomez MR, ed.Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. New York; Oxford University Press, 1999; 218–227.
- Ilgren EB, Westmoreland D. Tuberous sclerosis: unusual associations in four cases.J Clin Pathol 1984; 37: 272–278. CrossRef
- Sareen CK, Rubalcaba RH, Scotvold MJ, Mahoney CP, Kelley VC. Tuberous sclerosis, clinical, endocrine and metabolic studies.Am J Dis Child 1972; 123(1): 34–39.
- Bereket A, Wilson TA. Thyroid dysgenesis and the dysplasia hypothesis in tuberous sclerosis.Am J Med Genet 1993; 47: 417–419. CrossRef
- Van Wyk JJ, Grumbach MM. Syndrome of precocious menstruation and galactorrhea in juvenile hypothyroidism: an example of hormonal overlap in pituitary feedback.J Pediatr 1960; 57:416–435. CrossRef
- Castro-Magana M, Angulo M, Canas A, Sharp A, Fuentes B. Hypothalamic-pituitary gonadal axis in boys with primary hypothyoridism and macroorchidism.J Pediatr 1988; 112: 397–402. CrossRef
- Tuberous sclerosis with hypothyroidism and precocious puberty
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 71, Issue 3 , pp 273-275
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Tuberous sclerosis complex
- Precocious puberty
- Industry Sectors