Patterns of consumer learning
- George P. Moschis Ph.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The author acknowledges the assistance provided by Gilbert A. Churchill, Jr. throughout this study.
- Brim, Orvile G., 1966. “Socialization Through the Life Cycle,” InSocialization After Childhood, pp. 3–49. Edited by O. Brim and S. Wheeler: New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Churchill, Gilbert, Jr., 1976.Marketing Research. Hinsdale, Ill.: The Dryden Press.
- Faber, R. and Ward S., 1977. “Children’s Understanding of Using Products Safely,”Journal of Marketing, 41 (October), 39–46. CrossRef
- FTC Staff Report on Television Advertising to Children, 1978. Recommendations submitted to FTC, February.
- Gagne, Robert M., 1971. “Contributions of Learning to Human Development,” inHuman Development and Cognitive Processes, pp. 111–28. Edited by John Eliot. New York: Hold, Rinehart and Winston, Inc.
- Ginsburg, Herbert and Opper, Sylvia, 1969.Piaget’s Theory of Intellectual Development. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall.
- Jennings, Kent M. and Niemi, Richard G., 1968. “Patterns of Political Learning.”Harvard Educational Review 38 (Summer), 443–67.
- Kohlberg, Lawrence, 1969. “The Cognitive Developmental Approach to Socialization,” InHandbook of Socialization Theory and Research. Edited by D. A. Goslin. Chicago: Rand McNally and Co.
- Moore, Roy L. and Stephens, Lowndes F., 1975. “Some Communication and Demographic Determinants of Adolescent Consumer Learning,”Journal of Consumer Research 2 (September), 80–92. CrossRef
- Moschis, George P., 1976. “Acquisition of the Consumer Role by Adolescents.” Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Moschis, G. P. and Moore, R. L., 1978. “An Analysis of the Acquisition of Some Consumer Competencies Among Adolescents,”Journal of Consumer Affairs, 12 (Winter), 276–291.
- Nunnally, Jum C., 1967.Psychometric Theory. New York: McGraw-Hill Company, Inc.
- Wackman, D. B.; Reale, G. and Ward, S., 1971. “Racial Differences in Responses to Advertising Among Adolescents,” in E. A. Rubinstein, G. A. Comstock and J. P. Murray (eds),Television and Social Behavior. Washington: U. S. Govenment Printing Office.
- Ward, Scott L., 1974. “Consumer Socialization.”Journal of Consumer Research 1 (September), 1–14. CrossRef
- Ward, Scott and Wackman, Daniel B., 1971. “Family and Media Influences on Adolescent Consumer Learning,” American Behavior Scientist 14 (January–February), 415–27. CrossRef
- Ward, S.; Wackman, D.; and Wartella, E., 1977.How Children Learn to Buy. Beverly Hills, Calif.: Sage Publications.
- Patterns of consumer learning
Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
Volume 9, Issue 1-2 , pp 110-126
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Georgia State University, Geogia, USA