The falling laminar jet of semi-dilute polymer solutions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The studies of falling laminar jets have been done mainly on Newtonian jet due to the complexity of non-Newtonian fluid parameter. Numerical solutions of the Newtonian jet equation are in good agreement with the experimental results of polymer solutions in the experimental concentration range. Numerical simulation results suggest that the free falling jet is mostly influenced by the Froude number. The jet radius increases with the Froude number. It was found that surface tension or viscosity does not contribute much to the shapes of the free falling jet.
- Adachi, K., “Laminar Jets of a Plane Liquid Sheet Falling in the Atmosphere”,J. Non-Newt. Fluid Mech.,24, 11(1987). CrossRef
- Anno, J. N., “The Mechanics of Liquid Jets”, Lexington Books, Lexington, 1977.
- Cruickshank, J. O. and Munson, B. R., “The Viscous-Gravity Jet in Stagnation Flow”,Trans. ASME J. Fluids Eng.,104, 360 (1982). CrossRef
- Dutta, A. and Ryan, M. E., “Dynamics of a Creeping Newtonian Jet with Gravity and Surface Tension”,AIChE J.,28, 220 (1982). CrossRef
- Lienhard, J. H., “Effects of Gravity and Surface Tension upon Liquid Jets Leaving Poiseuille Tubes”,Trans. ASME J. Basic Eng.,90, 262 (1968).
- Pearson, J. R. A. and Matovich, M. A., “Spinning a Molten Threadline”,I&EC Fundam.,8, 512 (1969). CrossRef
- Petrie, C.J.S., “Elongational Flows”, Pitman, London, 1979.
- Scriven, L. E. and Pigford, R. I., “Fluid Dynamics and Diffusion Calculations for Laminar Liquid Jets”,AIChE J.,5, 397(1957). CrossRef
- Vrentas, J. S., Vrentas, C. M. and Shirazi, A. F., “Downstream Boundary Conditions for Vertical Jets”,AIChE J.,31, 1044(1985). CrossRef
- The falling laminar jet of semi-dilute polymer solutions
Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 12, Issue 3 , pp 273-276
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Falling Jet
- Polymer Solution
- Industry Sectors