Auto-correlation analysis of wave heights in the Bay of Bengal
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Time series observations of significant wave heights in the Bay of Bengal were subjected to auto-correlation analysis to determine temporal variability scale. The analysis indicates an exponential fall of auto-correlation in the first few hours with a decorrelation time scale of about six hours. A similar figure was found earlier for ocean surface winds. The nature of variation of auto-correlation with time lags was also found to be similar for winds and wave heights
- Anderson T W 1994The statistical analysis of time series (New York: John Wiley & Sons), 750 pp.
- IMSL 1991User’s manual: Fortran subroutines for statistical analysis, pp. 684–688.
- Premkumar K, Ravichandran M, Kalsi S R, Sengupta D and Gadgil S 2000 First results from a new observational system over the Indian Seas;Curr. Sci. 78 323–330.
- Sarkar A, Basu S, Varma A K and Kshatriya J 2002 Autocorrelation analysis of ocean surface wind vectors,Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. 111 297–303.
- Auto-correlation analysis of wave heights in the Bay of Bengal
Journal of Earth System Science
Volume 115, Issue 2 , pp 235-237
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Significant wave height
- temporal variability
- Industry Sectors