Properties of similarity solutions for flows in turbulent vortex cores
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A class of similarity solutions of the equations for turbulent vortex cores matching an external inviscid similarity flow with a power law of circumferential velocity variationv-r −m near the rotation axis and constant Bernoulli function is considered. Solutions are found to exist only in a certain range of the indexm of the exponential. For each suchm there are two solutions.
- E. V. Buldakov, I. V. Egorov, V. V. Sychev, "Certain properties of similarity solutions for flows in viscous vortex cores,"Izv. RAN, Mekh. Zhidk. i Gaza, No. 1, 38–43 (1997).
- Schlichting, H. (1969) Grenzschicht-Theorie. Verlag G. Braun, Karlsruhe
- Delery, J. M. (1994) Aspects of vortex breakdown. Prog. Aerospace Sci. 30: pp. 1-59 CrossRef
- V. V. Sychev, "A class of similarity solutions for flows of the tornado type,"Izv. RAN, Mekh. Zhidk. i Gaza, No. 3, 112–124 (1997).
- Hall, M. G. (1972) Vortex breakdown. Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech 4: pp. 195-218 CrossRef
- Properties of similarity solutions for flows in turbulent vortex cores
Volume 33, Issue 3 , pp 346-350
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors