The effects of impeller characteristics in the hydrogenation of aniline on Ru/C catalyst
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Effects of impeller characteristics have been studied in the hydrogenation of aniline on Ru/C catalyst. Dual impellers were employed and the experiments were performed at 300 rpm using a lab-scale reactor. Reaction with disk turbines (DT) resulted in the higher cyclohexylamine (CHA) selectivity and higher reaction rate compared to that with pitched blade turbines (PBT). When a combination of PBT and DT impellers was employed, high product selectivity and reaction rate were obtained and the selectivity was maintained constant. Changes in the product selectivity with the impeller geometry were explained in terms of the relative rates of the side reactions depending on the hydrogen concentration in the reaction mixture.
- David, S. D. and John, C. F., “Dimensional Analysis for Fluid Agita-tion Systems”,Chem. Eng., 139 (Jan. 5,1976).
- David, S. D. and Richard, W. H., “Fundamentals of Agitation”,Chem. Eng., 93 (Feb. 2,1976).
- Eldib, I. A. and Albright, L. F, “Effect of Operating Variables on the Reaction in the Hydrogenation of Cottonseed Oil”,Ind. Eng. Chem.,49, 825 (1957).
- Greenfield, H., “Hydrogenation of Aniline to Cyclohexylamine with Platinum Metal Catalyst”,J. Org. Chem.,29, 3082 (1964). CrossRef
- Kaufman, P., “New Hydrogenation Technology: Improvements in Prod-uct Yield and Uniformity-Reductions in Reaction Time and Cata-lyst Costs”, Proceedings from AchemAsia, Beijing, China (1998).
- Jo, M. C., Song, S. H., Noh, B. I. and Kim, J. H, “Investigation of Feed-pipe Backmixing in an Agitated Vessel”,Korean J. Chem. Eng.,13, 337 (1996).
- Lewis, E. G., Terry, L. H. and John, G F, “How to Select the Optimum Turbine Agitator”,Chem. Eng., 110 (Dec. 8, 1975).
- Lewis, E. G, Jerry, R. M. and Phillip, L. F, “Selecting Agitator Sys-tems to Suspend Solids in Liquids”,Chem. Eng., 114 (May 24,1976).
- Lu, W. M., Wu, H Z. and Chou, C. Y, “Effect of Impeller Blade Num-ber on KLa in Mechanically Agitated Vessels”,Korean J. Chem. Eng.,16, 703 (1999).
- Nagata, S., “Mixing, Principles and Application”, Kodansha Ltd., 407 (1975).
- Nishimura, S., Tetsuo, S. and Tomoyoshi, H, “The Ruthenium Cata-lyzed Hydrogenation of Aromatic Amines Promoted by Lithium Hy-droxide”,Bul. Chem. Soc. Jap.,39, 329 (1966). CrossRef
- Oldshue, J. Y, “Mixing in Hydrogenation Processes”,Chem. Eng. Prog., 60 (June, 1980).
- Richard, W. H. and Lewis, E. G., “How to Select Turbine Agitators for Dispersing Gas into Liquids”,Chem. Eng., 141 (July 19,1976).
- Sven, H. and Skanberg, US patent 4,779,990 (1988).
- Van't Riet, K, Boom, J. M. and Smith, J. M., “Power Consumption, Impeller Coalescence and Recirculation in Aerated Vessels”,Trans IChem E,54, 124 (1976)
- Zajcew, M., “Reaction Selectivity in the Hydrogenation of Fatty Oils”,J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc,37, 11 (1960). CrossRef
- The effects of impeller characteristics in the hydrogenation of aniline on Ru/C catalyst
Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 20, Issue 2 , pp 262-267
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Impeller Characteristics
- Hydrogenation of Aniline
- Reaction Rate
- Product Selectivity
- Hydrogen Concentration
- Industry Sectors