Collaborative research: Harnessing the tensions between researcher and practitioner
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Alinsky, Saul.  1969.Reveille for Radicals. New York: Vintage Books.
- Breines, Wini. 1989.Community and Organization in the New Left, 1962–1968: The Great Refusal. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press.
- Clavel, Pierre and Wim Wiewel, eds. 1991.Harold Washington and the Neighborhoods: Progressive City Government in Chicago. 1983–1987. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press.
- Delgado, Louis. 1989. “CBOs and the Public Policy Initiative: Funding a Collaborative Model,”National Civic Review. (May–June) 78,3:197–201. CrossRef
- Ducharme, Donna. 1991. “How a Community Initiative Became City Policy,” in Clavel and Wiewel, pp. 221–237
- Freire, Paulo.  1990.Education for Critical Consciousness. New York: Continuum.
- ———.  1992.Pedagogy of the Oppressed. New York: Continuum.
- Lee, Alfred McClung. 1973.Toward Humanist Sociology. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- Marris, Peter. 1987.Meaning and Action: Community Planning and Conceptions of Change. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.
- Mier, Robert and Joan Fitzgerald. 1991. “Managing Local Economic Development,”Economic Development Quarterly, 5, 3, pp. 268–279. CrossRef
- Nyden, Philip and Wim Wiewel. 1991.Challenging Uneven Development: An Urban Agenda for the 1990s. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press.
- Schon, Donald. 1983.The Reflexive Practitioner: How Professionals Think in Action. New York: Basic Books.
- Shostack, Arthur. 1985. “How Can We All Survive? Managing Social Change,” in Roger A. Straus, ed.Using Sociology. New York: General Hall, pp. 172–182.
- Wiewel, Wim. 1985. “Harvard on Halsted Street: Dilemmas of Neighborhood Advocacy in Academia.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, Atlanta (November).
- Collaborative research: Harnessing the tensions between researcher and practitioner
The American Sociologist
Volume 23, Issue 4 , pp 43-55
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links