The density and viscosity of liquid antimony
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Absolute techniques have been used to determine, to a high degree of accuracy, the density and viscosity of liquid antimony. The data obtained are in reasonable agreement with previous work. Densities were measured up to about 115° above the melting point and varied linearly with temperature according to the equation p = 6.902-6.486 × 10-4t wheret is in °. Viscosities were measured up to only 70° above the melting point and about 7° below on the supercooled liquid. The viscosity results were fitted to the Andrade equation ŋν1/3 =A exp C/νT whereA and C are constants whose values were determined as 1.608 × 10-3 and 221.4, respectively.
- Y. Matuyama:Sci. Rept. Tohoku Imp. Univ., 1928, vol. 17, pp. 1–25.
- W. Klemm, H. Sptizer, and H. Nierman:Angew. Chem., 1960, vol. 72, pp. 985–94. CrossRef
- J. A. Cahill and A. D. Kirshenbaum:Trans. ASM, 1963, vol. 56, pp. 874–78.
- A. D. Kirshenbaum and J. A. Cahill:Trans. ASM, 1962, vol. 55, pp. 849–52.
- A. Bienias and F. Sauerwald:Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem., 1927, vol. 161, pp. 51–75. CrossRef
- E. Gebhardt and K. Koestlin:Z Metallk, 1957, vol. 48, pp. 636–41.
- W. Menz and F. Sauerwald:Acta Met., 1966, vol. 14, pp. 1617–23. CrossRef
- H. R. Thresh, A. F. Crawley, and D. W. G. White:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1968, vol. 242, pp. 819–22.
- A. F. Crawley:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1968, vol. 242, pp. 2237–38.
- H. R. Thresh:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1965, vol. 233, pp. 79–88.
- H. R. Thresh and A. F. Crawley:Met. Trans., 1970, vol. l,pp. 1531–35. CrossRef
- A. F. Crawley and H. R. Thresh:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1969, vol. 245, pp. 424- 25.
- E. N. da C. Andrade:Phil. Mag., 1934, vol. 17, pp. 698–732.
- Y. Matuyama:Sci. Rept. Tohoku. Imp. Univ., 1929, vol. 18, pp. 737–44.
- The density and viscosity of liquid antimony
Volume 3, Issue 1 , pp 157-159
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors