Thermodynamic properties of praseodymium silicides in the temperature range 298.15-2257 K
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
For the first time the enthalpy of four praseodymium silicides (Pr5Si3, Pr5Si4, PrSi, and PrSi1.8) is measured by the drop calorimeter method in the temperature range from 316 to 2257 K. The temperatures, enthalpies, and entropies of fusion and polymorphic transformation of PrSi1.8 are determined. The temperature dependences of the thermodynamic functions of the silicides are calculated and recommended for practical use.
- G. V. Samsonov, L. A. Dvorina, and B. M. Rud', Silicides [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1979).
- V. N. Eremenko, K. A. Meleshevich, and Yu. M. Buyanov, “Phase diagram of the praseodymium—silicon system,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebnykh. Zaved., Tsvet. Metall., No. 3, 82–87 (1986).
- T. Ya. Kosolapova (ed.), Properties, Production, and Application of Refractory Compounds: A Handbook [in Russian], Metallurigua, Moscow (1986).
- A. I. Kriklya, “Thermodynamic properties of the sulfides of rare-earth metals of the cerium subgroup,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation [in Russian], Kiev (1986).
- A. S. Bolgar, A. G. Turchanin, and V. V. Fesenko, Thermodynamic Properties of Carbides [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1973).
- V. F. Litvinenko, A. S. Bolgar, V. B. Muratov, et al., “Processing experimental data on enthalpy with allowance for supplementary conditions, Dep. VINITI No. 6300 V, Materials Science Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1984).
- A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, and I. V. Moiseev, “Heat capacity of Pr5Si3 and Pr5Si4 at low temperatures,” Zh. Fiz. Khim.,68, No. 12, 2124–2127 (1994).
- A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, et al., “Heat capacity of praseodymium and gadolinium disilicides at low temperatures,” in: Modern Problems of Materials Science [in Russian], Materials Science Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1993), pp. 37–46.
- A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, A. V. Blinder, “Thermodynamic characteristics of lanthanum silicides at high temperatures,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 3/4, 48–53 (1994).
- Thermodynamic properties of praseodymium silicides in the temperature range 298.15-2257 K
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 36, Issue 9-10 , pp 498-501
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors