Preparation of boron nitride fibers with the use of hydrated cellulose. I. Decomposition of hydrated cellulose impregnated with boron-containing compounds
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The decomposition of hydrated cellulose impregnated with boric acid or ammonium tetraborate was studied using differential thermal, mass spectroscopic, X-ray diffraction, and chemical analysis, as well as electron microscopy. The temperature range of decomposition, compositions of the solid and gaseous decomposition products, and structure of the carbon fibers produced were determined. It was established that impregnation with boron-containing compounds shifts the decomposition of hydrated cellulose to higher temperatures, but has no effect on the dehydration process.
- T. S. Bartnitskaya, M. V. Vlasova, T. Ya. Kosolapova, et al., “Formation of boron nitride during the carbothermic reduction of boron oxide,”Poroshk. Metall., No. 1, 55–60 (1990).
- T. S. Bartnitskaya, M. V. Vlasova, T. Ya. Kosolanova, et al., “The role of structural order of initial components in the formation of boron nitride,”Poroshk. Metall., No. 6, 54–61 (1991).
- A. A. Konkin,Carbonaceous and Other Heat Resistant Fiber Materials [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1974).
- I. N. Ermolenko, I. P. Lyubliner, and N. V. Gul'ko,Element-Containing Carbonaceous Fiber Materials [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1982).
- V. F. Hillerbrandt, G. E. Lendel, G. A. Braut, and D. I. Hoffman,Handbook of Inorganic Analysis [Russian Translation], Nauka, Minsk (1986).
- R. M. Aceeva, Z. S. Smutkina, A. A. Berlin, and V. I. Kasatochkin, “On the thermal transformations of carbo- and heterogeneous polymers,”Structural Chemistry of Carbon and Coals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).
- Preparation of boron nitride fibers with the use of hydrated cellulose. I. Decomposition of hydrated cellulose impregnated with boron-containing compounds
Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics
Volume 38, Issue 3-4 , pp 152-156
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors