Problem of steady motion for a second-grade fluid in the hölder classes of functions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The paper studies a boundary-value problem (with the usual adherence boundary condition) for a stationary system of equations of motion of second-grade fluids in a bounded domain. This system is not elliptic and contains third-order derivatives of the velocity vector field. This leads to obvious difficulties in the analysis of the problem. It is known that the problem is reduced to the usual Stokes problem and to the transport equations or their analogs. We present a new easier method of such a reduction which allows us to prove the solvability of a stationary boundary-value problem for the equations of motion of second-grade fluids in the Hölder classes of functions in the case of small exterior forces. Bibliography: 6 titles.
- R. S. Rivlin and J. L. Ericksen, “Stress-deformation relations for isotropic materials,”J. Rat. Mech. Anal.,4, 323–425 (1955).
- V. Coscia and G. P. Galdi, “Existence, uniqueness, and stability of regular steady motions of a second-grade fluid,”Int. J. Non-Linear Mech.,29, 493–506 (1994). CrossRef
- G. P. Galdi, “Mathematical theory of second-grade fluids,” in:Stability and Wave Propagation in Fluids and Solids (1995), pp. 67–104.
- A. Novotny, “About the steady transport equation. II—Schauder estimates in domains with smooth boundaries,” Preprint Univ. Toulon (1994).
- V. A. Solonnikov, “On general boundary-value problems for systems elliptic in the Douglis-Nirenberg sense. I,”Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR,28, 665–706 (1964).
- H. Beirao da Veiga, “On a stationary transport equation,”Ann Univ. Ferrara, Sc. Mat.,32, 76–91 (1986).
- Problem of steady motion for a second-grade fluid in the hölder classes of functions
Journal of Mathematical Sciences
Volume 99, Issue 1 , pp 898-906
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors