On the detonation parameters of octanitrocubane
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Some widely used methods of calculation are evaluated from the viewpoint of their application in predicting detonation parameters for high, high-density, hydrogen-free explosives (using octanitrocubane as an example). The best results are obtained using the BKW-RDX model (withk CO 2=680) and the Kamlet method.
- L. T. Eremenko and D. A. Nesterenko, “Energy capacities of polynitrocubanes,” in:Chemical Physics of Combustion and Explosion Processes, Materials of the XIth Symp. on Combustion and Detonation [in Russian], Vol. 2, Chernogolovka (1996), pp. 43–49.
- M. D. Coburn, B. W. Harris, K.-Y. Lee, et al. “Explosives synthesis at Los Alamos,”Ind. Eng. Chem. Prod. Res. Dev. 25, 68–72 (1986). CrossRef
- V. A. Shlyapochnikov, B. B. Smirnov, and a. V. Evtushenko, “Computer search for high-energy compounds with required physicochemical characteristics,”Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 9, 2168–2175 (1996).
- C. L. Mader,Numerical Modeling of Detonation, Univ. of California Press, Berkeley (1979).
- M. Finger, E. Lee, F. Helm, et. al., in:Proc. 6th Symp. (Int.) on Detonation, Colorado, California, August 24–27, 1976.
- S. A. Gubin, V. V. Odintsov, and V. I. Pepekin, “Thermodynamic calculation of ideal and nonideal detonations,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,23, No. 4, 74–84 (1987).
- L. R. Rothstein and R. Petersen, “Predicting high explosive detonation velocities from their composition and structures,” in:Propell. Explos., No.4, 56–60 (1979).
- M. J. Kamlet and H. Hurwitz, “Chemistry of detonation. IV. Evaluation of a simple method for detonation velocities of C−H−N−O explosives,”J. Chem. Phys.,48, No. 8, 3685–3692 (1968). CrossRef
- V. I. Pepekin and Yu. A. Lebedev, “Criterion for evaluation of the detonation parameters of HE,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,234, No. 6, 1391–1394 (1977).
- On the detonation parameters of octanitrocubane
Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves
Volume 34, Issue 1 , pp 85-87
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links