Phase and structural transformations and mechanism of propagation of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis in a V2O5-Al mixture
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Physicochemical transformations upon heating and combustion of an Al−V2O5 mixture are investigated. It is established that the process proceeds in a one- or two-wave regime, depending on the method of initiation. Concentration profiles of the starting and intermediate products are obtained in various zones of the wave of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis. The presence of vanadium radicals in the preflame zone is detected. It is proposed that the main feature of transformation of the mixture in the processes of a low-temperature wave is chain autocatalysis. It is established that, at initial temperatures in vacuum or upon dilution of the mixture, a low-temperature wave stabilizes near a high-temperature wave, thus entering a “satellite” regime.
- A. S. Rogachev, A. S. Mukas’yan, and A. G. Merzhanov, “Structural transformations in gasless combustion of the titanium-carbon and titanium-boron systems,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,297, No. 6, 1425 (1987).
- A. A. Zenin, A. G. Merzhanov, and G. A. Nersesyan, “Structure of the thermal wave in some SHS processes,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,250, No. 4, 880 (1980).
- T. S. Azatyan, A. G. Mal’tsev, V. M. Merzhanov, and V. A. Seleznev, “On the mechanism of propagation of a combustion wave,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,16, No. 2, 37–42 (1980).
- V. V. Boldyrev, V. V. Aleksandrov, et al., “Dynamics of formation of phases in synthesis of nickel monoaluminide in a combustion regime,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,259, No. 5, 1127 (1981).
- S. L. Kharatyan, G. A. Voskerchyan, and A. G. Merzhanov, “A technique for studying the mechanism and structure of the SHS wave,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,316, No. 2, 415 (1991).
- G. I. Ksandopulo, N. S. Sharipova, and T. V. Chernoglazova, “Structure of the SHS wave of the V2O5−Al system,” in: Abstracts X Symp. on Combustion and Explosion, Chernogolovka (1992), p. 141.
- G. L. Ksandopulo, N. S. Sharipova, and T. V. Chernoglazova, “Some kinetic features of the process in V2O5−Al system,” in:Book of Abstracts of IV Int. Seminar on Flame Structure, Novosibirsk (1992), p. 106.
- N. S. Sharipova, V. I. Antonyuk, and I. Yu. Sobachkin, “Features of combustion of the V2O5−Al system,” in:Problems of Combustion of Gases and Condensed Systems (Collected scientific papers) [in Russian], No. 5, IPG, Almaty, (1993), p. 66.
- N. S. Sharipova and V. I. Antonyuk, “Study of the process of formation and behavior AlVO4 by high-temperature radiography,”ibid., p. 72.
- A. A. Zenin, “On the microexchange of microthermocouples in combustion of condensed substances,”Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 5, 125–131 (1963).
- V. Samsonov, (ed.),Physicochemical Properties of Oxides: Handbook [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1978).
- N. P. Lyakishev, et al.,Vanadium in Nonferrous Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1983).
- E. V. Chernenko, L. F. Afanas’ev, et al., “Ignitability of mixtures of oxides of metals with Al, Mg, and C,” Preprint, ISM-OIKHF, Acad. of Sci., Chernogolovka (1988).
- Yu. L. Pliner and Yu. A. Ignatenko,Reduction of Metal Oxides by Aluminum [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1967).
- B. W. King and I. I. Suber, “Some properties of the oxides of vanadium and their compounds,”J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,38, No. 9, 306–311 (1955). CrossRef
- Ya. I. Mikhailenko,Course of General and Inorganic Chemistry [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1966).
- A. S. Churkin and G. A. Toporishchev, “Diffusion mobility of electrons in solid and melted V2O5,” in:Diffusion, Sorption, and Phase Transformations During Reduction of Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981), pp. 9–11.
- J. Lambey and C. Kikuchi, “Spin resonance of V2+, V3+, and V4+ in α-Al2O3,”Phys. Rev.,118, No. 1, 71 (1960). CrossRef
- M. A. Korchagin and V. A. Podergin, “Chemical transformations in combustion of condensed systems,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,15, No. 3, 48–53 (1979).
- V. V. Aleksandrov and M. A. Korchagin, “On the mechanism and makrokinetic reactions in combustion of SHS systems,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,23, No. 5, 55–63 (1987).
- N. S. Sharipova, V. N. Ermolayev, and Ch. G. Khan, “Investigation of processes on the boundary between Cr2O3 and Al by electron microscopy,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,28, No. 2, 46–50 (1992).
- B. I. Khaikin, A. K. Filonenko, and S. I. Khudyaev, “Flame propagation during the progress of two successive reactions in a gas,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,4, 591–599 (1968).
- Phase and structural transformations and mechanism of propagation of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis in a V2O5-Al mixture
Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves
Volume 33, Issue 6 , pp 659-668
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links