A quantum analog of the Poincare-Birkhoff-Witt theorem
- V. K. Kharchenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We reduce the basis construction problem for character Hopf algebras to a study of special elements, called “super-letters,” which are defined by Shirshov standard words. It is shown that character Hopf algebras having not more than finitely many “hard” super-letters share some of the properties of universal envelopings of finite-dimensional lie algebras. The background for our proofs is the construction of a filtration such that the associated graded algebra is obtained by iterating the skew polynomials construction, possibly followed with factorization.
- V. K. Kharchenko, “An algebra of skew primitive elements,”Algebra and Logic,37, No. 2, 101–126 (1998). CrossRef
- Y. Ju. Reshetikhin, L. A. Takhtadzhyan and L. D. Faddeev, “Quantizations of Lie groups and Lie algebras,”Leningrad Mat. Zh.,1, No. 1, 193–225 (1990).
- A. I. Shirshov, “On free Lie rings,”Mat. Sb.,45(87), No. 2, 113–122 (1958).
- M. Hall, “A basis for free Lie rings and higher commutators in free groups,”Proc. Am. Math. Soc.,1, 575–581 (1950). CrossRef
- A. I. Shirshov, “On bases for free lie algebra,”Algebra Logika,1, No. 1, 14–19 (1962).
- A. I. Shirshov, “Some algorithmic, problems for Lie algebras,”Sib. Mat. Zh.,3, No. 2, 292–296 (1962).
- K. T. Chen, R. H. Fox, and R. C. Lyndon, “Free differential calculus IV, the quotient groups of the lower central series,”Ann. Math.,68, 81–95 (1958). CrossRef
- A. I. Mal'tsev, “On representations of models,”Dokl. Akad Nauk, SSSR,108, No. 1, 27–29 (1956).
- M. Rosso, “An analogue of the Poincare-Birkhoff-Witt theorem and the universalR-matrix ofU q(sl(N+1)),”Comm. Math. Phys.,124, 307–318 (1989). CrossRef
- H. Yamane, “A Poincarè-Birkhoff-Witt theorem for quantized universal enveloping algebras of typeA N,”Publ., RIMS. Kyoto Univ.,25, 503–520 (1989). CrossRef
- G. Lusztig, “Canonical bases arising from quantized enveloping algebras,”J. Am. Math. Soc.,3, No. 2, 447–498 (1990). CrossRef
- G. Lusztig, “Quivers, perverse sheaves, and quantized enveloping algebras,”J. Am. Math. Soc.,4, No. 2, 365–421 (1991). CrossRef
- M. Kashiwara, “On crystal bases of the q-analog of universal enveloping algebras,”Duke Math. J.,63, No. 2, 465–516 (1991). CrossRef
- E. J. Taft and R. L. Wilson, “On antipodes in pointed Hopf algebras,”J. Alg.,29, 27–32 (1974). CrossRef
- J. W. Milnor and J. C. Moore, “On the structure of Hopf algebras,”Ann. Math. (2),81, 211–264, (1965). CrossRef
- A. I. Shirshov, “Some problems in the theory of rings which are close to associative,”Usp. Mat. Nauk,13, No. 6 (84), 3–20 (1958).
- N. Jacobson,Lie Algebras, Interscience, New York (1962).
- S. Montgomery,Hopf Algebras and Their Actions on Rings, Reg. Conf. Ser. Math., 82, Am. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (1993).
- D. E. Radford, “The structure of Hopf algebras with a projection,”J. Alg.,92, 322–347 (1985). CrossRef
- A quantum analog of the Poincare-Birkhoff-Witt theorem
Algebra and Logic
Volume 38, Issue 4 , pp 259-276
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links