A procedure for mini-preparations of genomic DNA from needles of silver fir (Abies alba mill.)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have adapted a procedure for the isolation of genomic DNA from needles of silver fir (Abies alba) to meet the requirements for large-scale analysis of the population genetics of forest trees. Our modifications permit the entire procedure to be carried out in Eppendorf tubes, which greatly minimizes time, plant material, and the amounts of chemicals. DNA is recovered with a mean efficiency of 80 μg/g needles, is suitable for restriction by the common endonucleases, and serves as a substrate for PCR.
- Couch, J.A., and P.J. Fritz. 1990. Isolation of DNA from plants high in polyphenolics. Plant Mol. Biol. Reptr. 8:8–12.
- Howland, D.E., R.P. Oliver, and A.J. Davy. 1991. A method of extraction of DNA from birch. Plant Mol. Biol. Reptr. 9:340–344.
- Guillemaut, P., and L. Maréchal-Drouard. 1992. Isolation of plant DNA: A fast, inexpensive, and reliable method. Plant Mol. Biol. Reptr. 10:60–65. CrossRef
- Kreike, J. 1990. Genetic analyses of forest tree populations. Isolation of DNA from spruce and fir apices. Plant Mol. Biol. 14:877–879. CrossRef
- Kreike, J., K. Burg, M. Zechmeister, T. Haider, and J. Glössl. 1991. DNA-fingerprint and RFLP analysis as tools to genetic diversity in populations of fir, spruce and oak. pp. 95–100 inGenetic Variation in European Populations of Forest Trees, G. Müller-Starck, M. Ziehe, eds. Frankfurt am Main.
- A procedure for mini-preparations of genomic DNA from needles of silver fir (Abies alba mill.)
Plant Molecular Biology Reporter
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 117-121
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Abies alba
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Bundesforschungsanstalt für Forst- und Holzwirtschaft, Institut für Forstgenetik, Sieker Landstr. 2, D-2070, Großhansdorf 2, Germany
- 2. Laboratoire de Biologie Végétale Appliquée, Institut Universitaire de Technologie Louis Pasteur, 3 rue de l'Argonne, F-67000, Strasbourg, France