A mathematical model for calculation of equilibrium solution speciations for the FeCl3-FeCl2-CuCl2-CuCl-HCl-NaCl-H2O system at 25 ‡C
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Equilibrium solution speciation computations were performed for the FeCl-FeCl3-CuCl2-CuCl-HCl-NaCl-H2O system at 25 ‡C. In dilute solutions, complexation of Fe(III), Fe(II), and Cu(II) is insignificant but the major Cu(I) species is CuCl2 -. In concentrated solutions, FeCl 3 0 , FeCl 2 0 , and CuCl 2 0 are the major Fe(III), Fe(II), and Cu(II) species, and CuCl 3 2- is the most important cuprous complex. High Cu(I)/Cu(II) ratios are apparently more readily attainable in CuCl2 than in FeCl3 media. The Cu(I)/Cu(II) ratio is increased by making the solution more concentrated in any component except FeCl3 or CuCl2. Neither the ionic strength nor the total chloride concentration is a good predictor of the Cu(I)/Cu(II) ratio.
- J. P. Wilson and W. W. Fisher:J. Metals, 1981, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 52–57.
- K. C. Liddell and R. G. Bautista:Metall. Trans. B, 1981, vol. 12B, pp. 627–37.
- H. Freiser and Q. Fernando:Ionic Equilibria in Analytical Chemistry, John Wiley, New York, NY, 1963, pp. 51–52.
- W. Stumm and J. J. Morgan:Aquatic Chemistry, 1sted., John Wiley, New York, NY, 1970, p. 83.
- R. M. Garrels and C. L. Christ:Solutions, Minerals, and Equilibria, Harper and Row, New York, NY, 1965, pp. 64–67.
- D. D. Wagman, W. H. Evans, V. B. Parker, I. Harlow, S. M. Bailey, and R. H. Schumm: National Bureau of Standards, Technical Note 270-3, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1968.
- J. J. Fritz:J. Phys. Chem., 1980, vol. 84, pp. 2241–46. CrossRef
- R. M. Smith and A. E. Martell:Critical Stability Constants, vol. 4: Inorganic Complexes, Plenum Press, New York, NY, 1976, pp. 105–06.
- H. C. Helgeson:Amer. J. Sci., 1969, vol. 267, pp. 729–804.
- J. N. Butler:Ionic Equilibria: A Mathematical Approach, Addison- Wesley, New York, NY, 1964, pp. 467–68.
- B. Carlssonand,G. Wettermark:J. Inorg.Nucl.Chem., 1976, vol. 38, pp. 1525–27. CrossRef
- L. G. Sillen and A. E. Martell:Stability Constants, Special Publication No. 17, The Chemical Society, London, 1964.
- A mathematical model for calculation of equilibrium solution speciations for the FeCl3-FeCl2-CuCl2-CuCl-HCl-NaCl-H2O system at 25 ‡C
Metallurgical Transactions B
Volume 15, Issue 2 , pp 213-219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors